No answer from potential sellers

Guest housegrowing

Guest housegrowing

Hi! I have been trying to connect with various profiles to do some Photoshop gigs… that was 2 days ago and I still have not received any reply: is that normal? (Previous gigs went all good). Now I urgently need the work done and I am wondering if something is wrong with Fiverr. Any tips for me? Thanks!

It’s likely they are working on current open orders! 🙂 Just be sure you’ve supplied all the information and/or provide the questions you wanted answered and wait to hear back.

Should the information on their Gig description provide all the information you need, I would just go ahead and place your order. Just be sure to provide all the information according to their buyers instructions.

This way you will get the work done sooner rather than later. 🙂 Happy Gigging!

The most important thing to check is their “Response Time” and their rating. If their response time is around 2 days or more, then you know to expect that it will take them that long to respond to requests. If their rating isn’t in the high 90’s or 100%, that’s a big red flag. Also take note of their delivery window. Make sure they will be able to deliver when you need it. (Look for Express gigs or express extras.)

In regards to response time, if it’s a lot less than 2 days, that’s another red flag. You may need to move onto to another buyer. In any event, I don’t care how busy I am, if I get an inquiry from a buyer, I at least pass along an acknowledgment that I received the message. (If necessary I will say I’m at capacity with orders at the moment and probably won’t be able to fulfill the order for “X” number of days.) If you haven’t at least gotten that much…keep walking.

Just something to think about.

I get a lot of the “cold shoulder” treatment too. As both a buyer and a seller, I find that appalling. At least tell me you got the message or that you’re not interested. I understand about time zones, being busy, etc, so I always give the benefit of the doubt. Heck, when I was a seller, sometimes I would be working both jobs on any given day, and I’d come home after 12-13 hours of working and see a message from that morning. I would always respond as soon as I saw the message and let the person know why there was a delay in response.

But I can’t seem to get the same courtesy. I’ve been looking for an artist for MONTHS for two books I’m editing for self-publishing. If I can’t find someone in the next 3-4 weeks, I’m just going to load up Photoshop and make them myself. It’s irritating, to say the least.

Keep looking, though. You never know when you’ll hit the jackpot!

Guest housegrowing

Thank you guys for your answers.

The worst thing is that I have selected very high rating profiles with little queue at that time… and they did not bother to answer my request.

Another thing I really find frustrating is the way some “High rankers” do not deliver, then they ask you to cancel the order, so their ranking stays untouched…

I have sent a message to Fiverr to ask they take into account all canceled gigs when they give rankings to their sellers, we’ll see.

Thanks again. BTW: I have managed to get the stuff done through a local designer I know, but it is a bad situation for both Fiverr and the professionals like you who try and make a decent living with a responsible attitude. Thumbs up to you guys! 🙂

Archived