Fiverr Community Forum

No attachment option when sending first offer to Buyer Request

There are many customers in the Buyers Request section that ask for you to submit a sample of your work when making the initial offer. This is not possible because there is no attachment option until a customer/buyer replies to your offer and you start a conversation. Am I correct? Or is there actually a way to send an attachment with your first offer?

4 Likes

I am using an online Cloud Drive and share links instead of attachments.

2 Likes

Hmmm, Ok, that’s definitely a solution. Thanks!

2 Likes

How would I go about setting up something like that.

1 Like

Many online cloud drives (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, and others) allow you to copy a link or send a link to someone else so that they can access a specific folder or specific file on your cloud drive. My Fiverr account is linked to a Google account with access to Google Drive in the cloud. I could drop a file in there and send a buyer the link to the file. You can remove the file later when they no longer need access or remove permission for them to access the file.

2 Likes

So how do I get started with something like that do I find it by going through my gmail account.

1 Like

By the way thank you for your time.

1 Like

You’re welcome, my friend. Anytime you’re logged in to Google, look for the little square boxes at the top right, click on it and you will get a dropdown of the other Google applications. Find the one that says “Drive” and that is your free 15GB of cloud storage.

3 Likes

I cant thank you enough for this i have been searching for away to attach samples for buyers that request them in buyers request.
And Fiverr is ok with us doing this?

1 Like

So, that is a great question. I was only considering this type of solution based on the reply from insects44. However, after looking closer at the Fiverr Terms Of Service (User Conduct and Protection - Basics), I see the following that makes me believe this workaround may constitute a violation:

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
  • Fiverr does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the order page.
  • Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.
  • All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform.
    So, I feel like I (we) are back at square one. Most likely more sellers will need to complain and request a solution. I will probably reach out to Support and see if they have a recommendation or at least a rationale for the current setup.
2 Likes

Yea I will be contacting customer support as well. I was really hoping that would work.
Thank you for your investigation into it though I really appreciate it

1 Like

Fiverr has recommended Dropbox to some people and I think they mentioned that one because you can share attachments and still be anonymous. To my understanding, they don’t want you to use a method that would require you to give someone your email address or ask for theirs, etc. My other recommendation based on experience is that if you don’t need to send very large files, just use the Fiverr attachment system to stay on the safe side.

If you legitimately have to send large files or the Fiverr upload system is down, Support will probably give you a recommendation to use cloud storage. It is never a bad idea to ask Support again if there is any doubt.

2 Likes

How does the fiverr attachment system work for a buyer request that is asking for samples.
I have not found away to attach samples when sending an offer

1 Like

I contacted Fiverr Support about this. Here is their answer:

Thank you for contacting us today, we are sorry to hear about this.

I looked into this for you and there is a number of URLs you can share with your buyers whenever they want to see an example of the work you do.

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:
ammyy.com

dafont.com

mixcloud.com

soundcloud.com

tumblr.com

wordcounter.net
youtube.com

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted

1 Like

I contacted Fiverr Support about this. I got a quick reply and tried to repost here, but my message kept getting removed because there were too many links to outside websites and they thought I was spamming. Somehow, I still don’t think this fully answers the question because they’re referencing URL’s that may be used in your profile or Gig description, which is not exactly what we’re asking. I had to remove the domain type from each link. I think if you use a Dropbox account or Google account that doesn’t reveal your true identity that it’s Ok.

Anyways, here is their answer:

Thank you for contacting us today, we are sorry to hear about this.

I looked into this for you and there is a number of URLs you can share with your buyers whenever they want to see an example of the work you do.

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:
ammyy
blogspot
dafont
dailymotion
flickr
mixcloud
reverbnation
soundcloud
teamviewer
tumblr
vimeo
wetransfer
wikipedia
wordcounter
youtube

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted

3 Likes