No buyer protection - terrible experience

mikefrost

Over the last 3 months I have spent over $2k on two jobs
The last delivery was a corrupt file and because I did not respond within the timeframe, I have paid over $1k and received absolutely nothing.

"I understand how your situation is frustrating but, sadly, the order is too late to be canceled now and thus you will not be able to receive the refund 😕 "

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last delivery was a corrupt file and because I did not respond within the timeframe, I have paid over $1k and received absolutely nothing.

"I understand how your situation is frustrating but, sadly, the order is too late to be canceled now and thus you will not be able to receive the refund 😕 "

Did you contact your seller about the issue? If so, what did they say?

I have paid over $1k and received absolutely nothing.

If its true, CS must have issued a warning to the seller on the their account as “Null delivery” is a violation of Terms of Service.

• Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
  • Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

The last delivery was a corrupt file

My query related to your above statement is: Did you accept the order OR was it marked as automatically complete after 3 days of waiting?

Order ToS:

• An order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Buyer. An order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the order was marked as Delivered.

Delivered Files, ToS:

• Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Fiverr will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.

AS IT IS AN ONLINE PLATFORM, FIVERR ENCOURAGES THEIR USERS TO BE COMMUNICATIVE AND BE RESPONSIVE, TO AVOID ANY ORDER COMPLICATIONS/DISPUTES.

the order is too late to be canceled now

You must have been responsive towards the order created because its your money, and most importantly towards the seller if the item delivered was not as per what you had ordered or if it was a corrupt file (if this is the case).

One cannot take online platform(s) for granted after investing their resources (money).

Please adhere to Fiverr’s Terms of Service(s).

Order Cancellations

• Fiverr encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
  • Eligibility for requests to Fiverr to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Fiverr delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
  • Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially cancelled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
  • In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the cancelled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Fiverr Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Fiverr Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
  • Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
  • Buyers must use Fiverr Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Buyers failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Fiverr.
  • Any non-permitted usage of Fiverr encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Good Luck for your future!!

You have 14 days after the order was marked as complete to demand a refund. Are you saying that you have spent $1k, and then vanished for 14+ days?

No he could be away. My problem is the fiverr is not supportive at all

You haven’t given us much detail into what happened between you ordering part 2, the delivery and finally what customer support said.

Regardless of the timeframe, if you can prove to Customer Support that seller is unresponsive or fraudulent, such as plagiarized work/stolen image; they will take care of you.

You have to remember that freelancers deserve to take time off like anyone else. If you’ve already had a good relationship with this seller, then perhaps you should be patient and wait for him/her to come back online.

If this order was auto completed and you get no response, then you can contact CS again, with a detail explanation and sources.

Remember that customer support is a thankless job. Don’t start with anything that could be considered a threat such as:

• I won’t buy from here again
  • I will tell all my ____ to stay away

Etc., Etc.

These kind of things makes everyone roll their eyes. If you started on the wrong foot, it’s okay to apologize and start from beginning.

$1000 is quite a bit of money. I’ve bought gig worth thousands but I ordered in increments. I only do so with sellers that I’ve worked with for few years and know them very well.

Oh, heck, even then I do the project in increment of $100 to max $200, in case issues arise. Keeping an open line of communication is a two way street. You also need to tell the freelancer when you will be offline.

Either way, this turned out to be a lecture, even though I didn’t intend to. Best of luck. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution one way or the other.

During the festive season when people are away, it would make more sense to extend the period by fiverr as 3 days are insufficient to allow a buyer time to respond with vacations etc

I have ordered from this person before and he has delivered and I suspect he may be away after which it could be resolved HOWEVER, the bottom line is that I paid over $1k and received nothing and my disappointment is because Fiverr does not sufficiently protect the person paying the money.

Yes $1000 is a lot and it has hurt!

I have repeatedly sent messages to the seller and have not had a reply. Fiverr’s business model is to approve the transaction as quickly as possible so they get paid. If you dont look after the people spending the money it is ultimately to the detriment of the platform.

I have not posted any threats. All i want is the work I paid for.

Fiverr has also tried to de-compress the file unsuccessfully so clearly there is an issue.

Let me end my asking this question. In view of the fact that the file delivered was corrupt and neither fiverr or myself have had a response, would it be fair to allow the seller to continue selling to others until this is resolved? I don’t see any restrictions on the seller by fiverr.

I have paid over $1k and received absolutely nothing.

If its true, CS must have issued a warning to the seller on the their account as “Null delivery” is a violation of Terms of Service.

• Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
  • Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

The last delivery was a corrupt file

My query related to your above statement is: Did you accept the order OR was it marked as automatically complete after 3 days of waiting?

Order ToS:

• An order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Buyer. An order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the order was marked as Delivered.

Delivered Files, ToS:

• Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Fiverr will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.

AS IT IS AN ONLINE PLATFORM, FIVERR ENCOURAGES THEIR USERS TO BE COMMUNICATIVE AND BE RESPONSIVE, TO AVOID ANY ORDER COMPLICATIONS/DISPUTES.

the order is too late to be canceled now

You must have been responsive towards the order created because its your money, and most importantly towards the seller if the item delivered was not as per what you had ordered or if it was a corrupt file (if this is the case).

One cannot take online platform(s) for granted after investing their resources (money).

Please adhere to Fiverr’s Terms of Service(s).

Order Cancellations

• Fiverr encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
  • Eligibility for requests to Fiverr to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Fiverr delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
  • Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially cancelled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
  • In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the cancelled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Fiverr Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Fiverr Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
  • Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
  • Buyers must use Fiverr Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Buyers failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Fiverr.
  • Any non-permitted usage of Fiverr encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Good Luck for your future!!

I have tried, respectfully but received no reply.

During the festive season when people are away, it would make more sense to extend the period by fiverr as 3 days are insufficient to allow a buyer time to respond with vacations etc

I have ordered from this person before and he has delivered and I suspect he may be away after which it could be resolved HOWEVER, the bottom line is that I paid over $1k and received nothing and my disappointment is because Fiverr does not sufficiently protect the person paying the money.

Yes $1000 is a lot and it has hurt!

I have repeatedly sent messages to the seller and have not had a reply. Fiverr’s business model is to approve the transaction as quickly as possible so they get paid. If you dont look after the people spending the money it is ultimately to the detriment of the platform.

I have not posted any threats. All i want is the work I paid for.

Fiverr has also tried to de-compress the file unsuccessfully so clearly there is an issue.

Let me end my asking this question. In view of the fact that the file delivered was corrupt and neither fiverr or myself have had a response, would it be fair to allow the seller to continue selling to others until this is resolved? I don’t see any restrictions on the seller by fiverr.

to extend the period by fiverr as 3 days are insufficient to allow a buyer time to respond

Oh they did. They did extend it to 7 days. +14 days to ask for a refund. Or your festive period started in November? 😉

What exactly fiver support told you? Did you ask them to cancel your order as they also wasn’t able to open a file?

to extend the period by fiverr as 3 days are insufficient to allow a buyer time to respond

Oh they did. They did extend it to 7 days. +14 days to ask for a refund. Or your festive period started in November? 😉

What exactly fiver support told you? Did you ask them to cancel your order as they also wasn’t able to open a file?

Yes you can joke about it -I hope it doesn’t happen to you Maria.

Yes you can joke about it -I hope it doesn’t happen to you Maria.

Yes you can joke about it

Of course I joke about it. It always helps.

But you are also not telling us the whole story or what exactly fiverr support answered to you.

Because we saw here a lot of cases and might be able to advise you on how to approach CS or what exactly you need to tell them.

But you are not sharing all info and you don’t really answer our questions.

If you are here just to vent then ok it’s fine.

But if you need an advice then unfortunately we will need more info than we have right now. You can see how everybody is confused in thread.

Yes you can joke about it

Of course I joke about it. It always helps.

But you are also not telling us the whole story or what exactly fiverr support answered to you.

Because we saw here a lot of cases and might be able to advise you on how to approach CS or what exactly you need to tell them.

But you are not sharing all info and you don’t really answer our questions.

If you are here just to vent then ok it’s fine.

But if you need an advice then unfortunately we will need more info than we have right now. You can see how everybody is confused in thread.

what specifically would you like to know?

The bottom line is I spent $1000 got nothing and the seller is active

There is a difference between receiving work that is sub standard and not reporting it on time and not receiving the work at all - Fiverr has tried to decompress the file also. So given the delivery is corrupt and Fiverr knows this, even tho Im outside the 14 days, is that reason to allow a seller to continue?

The bottom line is I spent $1000 got nothing and the seller is active

👇

What was their exact message if they denied to cancel your order? How “late” did you contact fiverr support to cancel your order e.g how many days since the delivery? Did you ask them to escalate your matter?

This is the most recent reply after they have tried to contact the seller…

"Sadly, there was no response so far 😕

My apologies once again for the inconvenience.

As stated before, the order can’t be canceled as it is too old". 😕

and here are my attempts to contact the seller

fiverr.thumb.jpg.e33f7d545ed37bcae4d707fd7493e10a.jpg
fiverr1298×852 62.1 KB

Archived