No Gigs Yet. Feedback Wanted

lazygoblins

Hey there @lazygoblins! Your description could use a little tightening up, but it’s pretty straightforward. I will say that I think you’re offering way too much for $5 - I know that seems counter-intuitive, but I think bumping your price up a little and breaking out what you’re offering (for example, offering the source code as a gig extra, rather than a given - ditto with maintenance) will emphasize the value.

Also, I often give the advice that sellers should avoid mentioning “unlimited” anything in their gigs. This is inviting clients to take advantage of your good nature and come strolling back after a gig is closed and demand additional work. I see two niche sites in your examples here - wrestling and R&M. Think about who is going to want a site - a business, right? You’re going to have far more prospective buyers with more professional subject matter than with a handful of fan sites. If I was a local plumbing company, what would my site look like? What about if I was a local baked goods caterer? These are the people that need a one-off page as they’re getting set up, and those are the people you can help. 🙂

Hey there @lazygoblins! Your description could use a little tightening up, but it’s pretty straightforward. I will say that I think you’re offering way too much for $5 - I know that seems counter-intuitive, but I think bumping your price up a little and breaking out what you’re offering (for example, offering the source code as a gig extra, rather than a given - ditto with maintenance) will emphasize the value.

Also, I often give the advice that sellers should avoid mentioning “unlimited” anything in their gigs. This is inviting clients to take advantage of your good nature and come strolling back after a gig is closed and demand additional work. I see two niche sites in your examples here - wrestling and R&M. Think about who is going to want a site - a business, right? You’re going to have far more prospective buyers with more professional subject matter than with a handful of fan sites. If I was a local plumbing company, what would my site look like? What about if I was a local baked goods caterer? These are the people that need a one-off page as they’re getting set up, and those are the people you can help. 🙂

Haha yes it does seem counter-intuitive to bump up the pricing and breaking thinks out into gig extras. Only because I always hear about giving the most when your starting out to get yourself established.

That is a really good point. I just changed the revisions to 2 for now.

Actually that is a great idea! I don’t know why it didn’t cross my mind to create two random sites for a business, even if it is just to show off what I can create for a business 🙂

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Haha yes it does seem counter-intuitive to bump up the pricing and breaking thinks out into gig extras. Only because I always hear about giving the most when your starting out to get yourself established.

That is a really good point. I just changed the revisions to 2 for now.

Actually that is a great idea! I don’t know why it didn’t cross my mind to create two random sites for a business, even if it is just to show off what I can create for a business 🙂

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

My pleasure! If any of my clients need a site in addition to copy, I’ll be glad to point them your way.

Archived