No longer allowed to write erotica?

I had a gig where I would write a 500 word erotic story. I had a 100% positive rating from 13 users and sold 20 orders with no issues over a 3 month period. I just found out that my gig was denied, not sure exactly when since I haven’t been on here as much due to Christmas. I was just wondering why it would be an issue now and why are there still some gigs similar to mine posted? Also, I had two regular clients that I wrote for. Is it possible to find them by their username on Fiverr so I can contact them and arrange to work for them off site? (I know you can’t talk off site but I’m leaving Fiverr now)

I guess writing erotica is not the issue here. It could be due to something else and you can get in touch with the customer support to clarify.

Maybe someone from your competition reported you… that can happen sometimes! I wouldn’t say it is erotica issue… I just found one gig that is currently selling!

victoriagrace said: I was just wondering why it would be an issue now and why are there still some gigs similar to mine posted? Also, I had two regular clients that I wrote for. Is it possible to find them by their username on Fiverr so I can contact them and arrange to work for them off site?

NOTHING here makes sense. Even if a particular type of gig is against Fiverr ToS, some will be deleted, some will stay. Most often, Fiverr is happy to collect their 20% until another user complains, the gig is updated, or whatever third party site that's being violated complains - anything that brings a specific gig to their attention.

You may be able to find them with search, but that also only works some of the time. Sometimes my own user name shows up, sometimes it doesn't. I assume that's true of everyone.

Users are not allowed to contact each other off-site for any reason, and are not even allowed to ask for contact details (or even URLs that lead to contact details) - it can result in banning and forfeiting any funds you may have earned that haven't been withdrawn. However, having said that.... there are users who stop selling here and change their profile to a link to their website and a brief promo for their work. They use it as ad space. No idea how long these stay up, but what can Fiverr do? If it's not called to their attention, they probably won't ever notice it, and if there is no money in the seller's account, the worst they can do is remove the profile and ban the username/ip.

In short, you can try whatever you want - it may or may not work. Just make sure that you are willing to 'pay the price' for whatever actions you choose.

Best of luck!

itsyourthing said: Users are not allowed to contact each other off-site for any reason, and are not even allowed to ask for contact details (or even URLs that lead to contact details) - it can result in banning and forfeiting any funds you may have earned that haven't been withdrawn.

You always get money back that you have earned you just need to wait a short period. The reason why people can't contact each other outside of Fiverr is because Fiverr would lose out on money.

Thanks everyone. I heard from Fiverr. They denied my gig because erotica is “considered to be adult content” and is no longer allowed on the site because Fivverr has “users of all nationalities and ages and they may may find it offensive”. So they’re taking down all erotic writing gigs and not just mine.

ryangillam said: You always get money back that you have earned

I was just going by what some users have said in the forums. If it's incorrect, I apologize. I was basing it on the fact that what rules apply to some, don't apply to all.