No protection for seller from cheater buyers? Buyer cheated me

sshahadatgsm

the buyer gave me the order on 15th July. and the order countdown will finish on 7th August 2018.
total a 23 days project. I have delivered more than half services to her. yesterday night our conversation is all okay and acceptable.
suddenly, today morning she sends me an order cancellation request. I was totally shocked! what happened in just one night! I have declined the request. and later she sends me another cancellation request. this time I also decline the request. now she said that she will report to it to Fiverr and she did. she said, Fiverr is her side! is that right? is fiverr not give seller proper protection from this type of fraud buyer?
now, what should I do?
please give me a suggestion. I’m really disappointed with this type of experience in Fiverr.

Guest offlinehelpers

the buyer gave me the order on 15th July. and the order countdown will finish on 7th August 2018.

total a 23 days project. I have delivered more than half services to her. yesterday night our conversation is all okay and acceptable.

suddenly, today morning she sends me an order cancellation request. I was totally shocked! what happened in just one night! I have declined the request. and later she sends me another cancellation request. this time I also decline the request. now she said that she will report to it to Fiverr and she did. she said, Fiverr is her side! is that right? is fiverr not give seller proper protection from this type of fraud buyer?

now, what should I do?

please give me a suggestion. I’m really disappointed with this type of experience in Fiverr.

total a 23 days project.

I have delivered more than half services to her.

Why would you do that please?

If your buyer cancels, which they obviously want to, regardless of the reason, you’ve given her half the work for nothing.

Why not deliver it all at the end of the project to avoid a situation just like this one?

total a 23 days project.

I have delivered more than half services to her.

Why would you do that please?

If your buyer cancels, which they obviously want to, regardless of the reason, you’ve given her half the work for nothing.

Why not deliver it all at the end of the project to avoid a situation just like this one?

Yeah! I asked her to I will complete the order asap. but she just say, cancal the order

Guest offlinehelpers

she gave me a huge list of members. and I added members from the list.

Maybe not a good idea to offer a service like that on Fiverr where you’re not offering one final delivery?

Keep declining the cancel request - you’ve done the work, you deserve to be paid for it.

Maybe not a good idea to offer a service like that on Fiverr where you’re not offering one final delivery?

Keep declining the cancel request - you’ve done the work, you deserve to be paid for it.

yes! you are right! this is my fault to accept this long time project!

thanks for your suggestion.

We can’t do anything if a buyer is willing to cancel the order however to protect yourself, you can just add a watermark before delivering the final files (if possible) to the buyer so that he/she should not use it anywhere without giving their approval.

Once your buyer says Ok to the work delivered with watermark, you can simply remove the watermark and send him the final files.

We can’t do anything if a buyer is willing to cancel the order however to protect yourself, you can just add a watermark before delivering the final files (if possible) to the buyer so that he/she should not use it anywhere without giving their approval.

Once your buyer says Ok to the work delivered with watermark, you can simply remove the watermark and send him the final files.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the watermark gets automatically removed once the buyer marks the order as complete… and that you don’t have to manually do anything at all :thinking:

Guest offlinehelpers

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the watermark gets automatically removed once the buyer marks the order as complete… and that you don’t have to manually do anything at all :thinking:

Yes, if you’re offering graphics gigs, the watermark is removed when the buyer accepts. 🙂

However @sophiascribe I’m afraid it wouldn’t have worked in this case, as it wasn’t that type of gig.

Also, work had been delivered by message rather than via the ‘deliver now’ button, so it wouldn’t have been covered either I’m afraid. 😦

Guest ailfridsunny44

thats not fair for you…report to fiverr with your conversation screenshort and prove of your work . hope they will help you if you succesful to prove your work.🙂

Thank you so much for your great suggestions. but Fiverr Customer Support canceled the order today. 😢

really there is no justice for Fiverr seller.

I think in order to avoid charge backs, customer support have to do this. They also never want to get Fiverr’s reputation disturbed due to some dicey buyers.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you so much for your great suggestions. but Fiverr Customer Support canceled the order today. 😢

Sorry to hear the order was cancelled.

Perhaps if you can redo the way you offer this particular gig, you’ll be able to offer it in a way which makes it more difficult to be cancelled before it’s delivered without effectively giving your work away?

I do hope you can work it out somehow for the future. ☀️

• 1 year later...

Yes You are right it automatically gets removed by Fverr

Archived