No Sales for Weeks

klindblad22

Dear Klindblad:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

If you reply to this post telling me you’ve worked through the checklist and would then like my feedback, I’ll take a closer look at one of your gigs.

Good luck,

Blaise

Please! Someone check my gigs and send me tips… I need work in 2017! 😥

Please! Someone check my gigs and send me tips… I need work in 2017! 😥

Dear Gamear:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Here’s a link to your profile.

• Your log line:

This is a line that appears on your profile below your user name. It should be unique and make you stand out. You don’t have one. You should get one.

*Your profile image:

You have chosen to brand yourself as a company with a logo. Try using a photo of yourself smiling. This B&W bearded guy smoking and acting tough probably scares Buyers away.

• Your profile text:

This is where you make your pitch to potential buyers. Describe your background, your passion and your personality.

This is the first time I’ve seen a profile description that is left blank like this.

• Gig Title:

I will retouch 5 food photo within 24 hours

If you’re going to keep this, add an “s” to “photo”. “Within 24 hours” locks in you in. What happens if this gig takes off? Especially given that your standard and premium packages offer 2 day delivery.

• Gig Description:

I will improve your food photo appearance with Photoshop adjustments and use all methods to bring focus on the food highlighting it from the background.

This is very oddly specific. I don’t know if there are any Buyers for this gig. I suggest re-thinking the entire gig. Why limit yourself to re-touching food photos?

You should definitely consider investing in a copy writer for your gig descriptions.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

You say the File Format is JPEG. Why limit yourself to just that format? Why not PNG or GIF? All the cool kids are offering PNG these days!

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

You seem to have the same video for all your gigs, some with music in the background. This one has no sound.

These are terrible! I don’t imagine Buyers will sit through them, because they don’t really tell a story.

They scroll randomly through a bunch of random pictures that give the impression that you didn’t actually do the art. What does Spider-Man have to do with food? I know he eats food, but come on! Robots definitely have nothing to do with food.

I suggest you look around at other Gigs relevant to what you are doing for inspiration. Consider making a video in which you speak directly to the Buyer.

Gig Images: You should have 3, especially in a gig about photos.

Gig Extras:

You’ve gone the gig packages route, which is fine.

Gig Packages:

These are not really compelling. For your premium package, for some reason # of images is blank, when it should say 15.

I don’t know the difference between “Decluttering” and “Removal Background Decluttering”. Buyers probably wonder why the more expensive packages take longer.

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Gamear:

• Your log line:

This is a line that appears on your profile below your user name. It should be unique and make you stand out. You don’t have one. You should get one.

*Your profile image:

You have chosen to brand yourself as a company with a logo. Try using a photo of yourself smiling. This B&W bearded guy smoking and acting tough probably scares Buyers away.

• Your profile text:

This is where you make your pitch to potential buyers. Describe your background, your passion and your personality.

This is the first time I’ve seen a profile description that is left blank like this.

• Gig Title:

If you’re going to keep this, add an “s” to “photo”. “Within 24 hours” locks in you in. What happens if this gig takes off? Especially given that your standard and premium packages offer 2 day delivery.

• Gig Description:

I will improve your food photo appearance with Photoshop adjustments and use all methods to bring focus on the food highlighting it from the background.

This is very oddly specific. I don’t know if there are any Buyers for this gig. I suggest re-thinking the entire gig. Why limit yourself to re-touching food photos?

You should definitely consider investing in a copy writer for your gig descriptions.

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

You say the File Format is JPEG. Why limit yourself to just that format? Why not PNG or GIF? All the cool kids are offering PNG these days!

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

You seem to have the same video for all your gigs, some with music in the background. This one has no sound.

These are terrible! I don’t imagine Buyers will sit through them, because they don’t really tell a story.

They scroll randomly through a bunch of random pictures that give the impression that you didn’t actually do the art. What does Spider-Man have to do with food? I know he eats food, but come on! Robots definitely have nothing to do with food.

I suggest you look around at other Gigs relevant to what you are doing for inspiration. Consider making a video in which you speak directly to the Buyer.

Gig Extras:

Gig Packages:

These are not really compelling. For your premium package, for some reason # of images is blank, when it should say 15.

I don’t know the difference between “Decluttering” and “Removal Background Decluttering”. Buyers probably wonder why the more expensive packages take longer.

Good luck,

Blaise

Thank you so much! I’ll take your advice.🙂

Only Warrior foruns… I have no money! Can you suggest something for free?

Well, that’s probably not a great place to promote your gigs. As far as I am aware, those Warrior forums are people just like you looking for information on how to promote their projects as well. Promoting your gigs to fellow sellers and project designers isn’t going to result in any sales.

You need to figure out who your target customers are, and then go promote your gigs where those customers are located. Only your target customer base is going to purchase your Fiverr services. You need to figure this out for yourself, though. Target customers are different for every business, and where those customers can be found is equally unique.

Unfortunately, if your only goal in marketing is to promote your gigs for free, that severely limits your ability to truly target YOUR customer base. Yes, you can post your links for free on social media, but that’s not really your customer base either. If you’re going to be marketing for free, then you’re going to have to do a lot of planning, and outside-the-box creative thinking. Free can only get you so far. If you are serious about reaching the customers that will purchase your Fiverr services, that may require at least a small marketing budget.

As much as I hate to say this, it’s not easy to do effective marketing for free. If that’s only as far as you wish to go, you would be significantly limiting your promotional potential. You can’t really get where you need to go in business if you only want to get there for free. Successful business choices involve investment – either financially, or, a LOT of creative willpower.

And I can’t help you with either of those. You need to take on the responsibility to make either or both of those options a reality.

Only Warrior foruns… I have no money! Can you suggest something for free?

‘Something for free’ will have to be a social media post that goes viral. Are you able to churn out a story/narrative which gets to the hearts of people? Have you done something exceptional or out of the box like create a freelance income source while backpacking around the world? have you made a digital product which sets you apart from others? write a story about it on Reddit/Imgur/Quora and drive traffic to your services. Upload your art to Dribbble, DeviantArt, get people to leave feedback, leave feedback on their gigs, create a network, that is what is going to help you. Build a community around your services, spend a few minutes creating a new illustration and uploading it to these sites, every once in a while, some of them will be noticed and gain traction and might even go viral. There are design contests going on at SitePoint all the time. Participate in those competitions and put your Fiverr profile URL in your profile portfolio. That will definitely drive some sales.

Dear Gamear:

• Your log line:

*Your profile image:

• Your profile text:

• Gig Title:

• Gig Description:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

Gig Extras:

Gig Packages:

Good luck,

Blaise

You’re on fire today 🙂

Thank you so much people! I’m taking down the tips. Two points, first Game Artist Br(Brazilian) is an instragram account, Created for show own game art, fanarts, super heroes…Second, two people manage the page: me (I’m promote gigs, instagram account and others platarforms) and my boyfriend (He’s Draw). So sorry, but I dont know english! So it has gotten very disorganized. I’ll use your comments to improve the gigs.

hugs!

Dear Klindblad:

If you reply to this post telling me you’ve worked through the checklist and would then like my feedback, I’ll take a closer look at one of your gigs.

Good luck,

Blaise

Ok thank you! I am just going through the checklist now.

• 9 months later...

Dear Gamear:

• Your log line:

*Your profile image:

• Your profile text:

• Gig Title:

• Gig Description:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

Gig Extras:

Gig Packages:

Good luck,

Blaise

Hello

Can you please see my profile and suggest me for not getting orders…Thanks…

Hello

Can you please see my profile and suggest me for not getting orders…Thanks…

Dear Mostafa:

I took a quick look at your profile:

Run down the Improve My Gig Checklist ( 'http://forum.fiverr.com/t/improve-my-gig-checklist/84987` ). You’ve studied Fiverr Academy, listened to Fiverrcast or read the transcripts, studied the offerings on Fiverr in your niche, right?

If I started on this checklist for you…

Smiling in profile Image … Not Really

Professionally dressed in profile image … NO

Video in gigs … NO

YOU Appear in your video … NO

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/ten-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-create-trust-and-get-sales/165711`

Optimum use of Key Words … NO

Polished English grammar, punctuation, and spelling … NO; the errors in your profile text communicate to potential Buyers that they will have trouble understanding you, and you will have trouble understanding them. You must correct all errors here. Stephen King has a famous article in which he teaches you to write in 10 minutes. Read that, and learn to communicate without English grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors. Never use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.

Professional-quality copy in your gig description … NO

3 images in Live Portfolio that are custom to this gig and not just pulled from the web … Assuming these are your work, YES.

Read the Fiverr Terms of Service …

Able to point the Buyer to Appropriate Resources to Minimize Miscommunication / Cancellations …

Able to Communicate Clearly with Buyers …

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Mostafa:

I took a quick look at your profile:

Run down the Improve My Gig Checklist ( 'http://forum.fiverr.com/t/improve-my-gig-checklist/84987` ). You’ve studied Fiverr Academy, listened to Fiverrcast or read the transcripts, studied the offerings on Fiverr in your niche, right?

If I started on this checklist for you…

Smiling in profile Image … Not Really

Professionally dressed in profile image … NO

Video in gigs … NO

YOU Appear in your video … NO

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/ten-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-create-trust-and-get-sales/165711`

Optimum use of Key Words … NO

Polished English grammar, punctuation, and spelling … NO; the errors in your profile text communicate to potential Buyers that they will have trouble understanding you, and you will have trouble understanding them. You must correct all errors here. Stephen King has a famous article in which he teaches you to write in 10 minutes. Read that, and learn to communicate without English grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors. Never use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.

Professional-quality copy in your gig description … NO

3 images in Live Portfolio that are custom to this gig and not just pulled from the web … Assuming these are your work, YES.

Read the Fiverr Terms of Service …

Able to point the Buyer to Appropriate Resources to Minimize Miscommunication / Cancellations …

Able to Communicate Clearly with Buyers …

Good luck,

Blaise

Thanks

I will definitely correct the faults. Thankyou very much for suggestion…

Archived