Fiverr Forum

No wonder sales have plummeted recently

My profile has automatically changed from ‘from the United Kingdom’ to ‘From Sweden’. This means most people will skip over my gig. After all; who wants to trust a non-native speaker with their work?

I live in Sweden, have done for almost 2 years, but I am not Swedish. I don’t even speak the language yet. I see no option to change the ‘from’ either. A bit unfair.

(I set up my account in the UK, no IP trickery)

You have to contact Customer Support if you want to change the country on your profile.

ryangillam said: (I set up my account in the UK, no IP trickery)

But where is your ISP located? If it's in Sweden it will show your location there.

ricksper said:
  • But where is your ISP located? If it's in Sweden it will show your location there.

It used to base it upon where you signed up to Fiverr. It should not randomly change at a later stage.

It has been changed now. As soon as that happened I received 10 orders.

oh well its your fault why do you use noip ?

why do you use hotspot shield you play the game and you face problems.

just like a thread i made why fake your country flag by changing your ip who are you trying to impress ? if you need to impress people show them your work not your flag

ilovecustomers said: oh well its your fault why do you use noip ?
why do you use hotspot shield you play the game and you face problems.

just like a thread i made why fake your country flag by changing your ip who are you trying to impress ? if you need to impress people show them your work not your flag

I don't fake it. I am from England. I live in Sweden but I am from England. When people search for writers they are not searching for Swedes that may be able to write in fluent English, they are searching for native English writers. Old customers were ordering who knew the quality but new customers were not biting. They are now.

Reply to @ryangillam:

The inner workings of the Fiverr system aside, perhaps making strong note of the fact that you are from the UK, but living in Sweden would be a good bit of information to include within your profile bio. :wink:

jonbaas said:
  • The inner workings of the Fiverr system aside, perhaps making strong note of the fact that you are from the UK, but living in Sweden would be a good bit of information to include within your profile bio. ;)

It does say that.

I imagine they’ve updated the country flags from static (sign up only) to dynamic (probably updated once a month or so).

I also imagine that they’ve done so to prevent buyers from signing up using an American proxy to appear ‘American’.

Finally, I also imagine that the above information is of no use to you. I’m rambling. :slight_smile:

i also imagine that i am a butter

i also imagine that i am a man =))

i also imagine your from uk , cool dood am from uk to