Non Fungible Token NFT?

teramangala

Basically NFT means that you can publish any digital artwork on blockchain-based platforms as your original work, add it on auction, sell it for large amount of money (if you have high exposure) and every time someone resells you get a fee, because on the blockchain every actions is recorded and everything is easy to trace, so your name is always behind the artwork.

Like, someone buys your artwork for $10 and after 10 years someone wants to buy it for $1 million, you will get a fee of 10% into your digital wallet.

For the rich people that means investing money in famous artists so they can resell it for higher amount or just to have a luxury digital collection.

It’s pretty revolutionary, because now digital art have a value like a traditional art.

The bad side of this - demand of electricity to put one artwork on a blockchain is huge and it will have a devastating impact on the environment. But there are plans and donations to speed up research for eco technology, so the future is bright for the artists. 🙂

Also, if you make NFT artworks via Fiverr, you are just giving ownership to the others. Here is my discussion on this topic NFT art and ownership

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, molecula said:

The bad side of this - demand of electricity to put one artwork on a blockchain is huge and it will have a devastating impact on the environment. But there are plans and donations to speed up research for eco technology, so the future is bright for the artists.

Instead of using Ethereum you can use another chain such Phantasma to mint your NFTs. It’s efficient and would cost you pennies instead of 100s of dollars as in Ethereum. They too have a marketplace called Ghost Market where you can publish your NFTs just like Rarible, opensea etc…

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ecomme_expert said:

what is Nft

A borderline scam, if not an outright scam. For-sure a trap, and it preys on those who don't know their history. It's like owning a star (not naming a star, that's a different thing). You don't actually own anything, just the sense of ownership. It's an economic bubble that's going to burst, just like the dot-com bubble did.

If you want the actual definition, use Google.

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

A borderline scam, if not an outright scam.

Nope. NFT is a technology, and that can be applied to anything. Tickets, property deeds, objects, etc. Anything that can be owned. Now, nft's of a crappy jpeg that can easily be copied and that has no value in itself selling for millions may very well be a major bubble, but that has nothing to do with the concept of nft's themselves. Having blockchain based certificates of property is a legit idea.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

A borderline scam, if not an outright scam. For-sure a trap, and it preys on those who don't know their history. It's like owning a star (not naming a star, that's a different thing). You don't actually own anything, just the sense of ownership. It's an economic bubble that's going to burst, just like the dot-com bubble did.

I have heard of some cases where you can buy some useless nfts but I must say that NFT is legit and based on the knowledge you have on it, you may be able to make a real fortune from it. All NFTs has a real value behind it which makes some collectors to value them more than their expensive cars

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, saraalee said:

Hello guys, 
Can Anyone tell me about NFT art that after creating a character, how we can create 1000/ 10,000 traits? is there a software which provide trades randomly?

On 1/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, ecomme_expert said:

what is Nft ?

Here are some things that i know

You create a character. And you draw 10 different sets of arms, legs and heads(for example) They are called traits.

Now a software mixes and matches them randomly, which gives you 10x10x10 different characters. Which is 1000. You can make some of them more rare than the others. At default, each trait is used equal amount of times. But you can arrange that and make some of them picked out less. Which makes that character more valuable than the others. Because it has some rare qualities to them.

But NFT art does not have to be like that. Its just an easy way to create a collection to sell, actually unrelated to the blockchain technology. But people think those art pieces are the representative of the blockchain. Which is nonsense. Its just a very small part of it. Its the concept of ownership that matters actually.

Usually people buy the NFT's because it becomes more valuable and you sell them with a profit. Unrelated to the art. And some people use those pieces to make avatars and stuff, to show that they have NFT's as a sign of wealth(because some of them are really expensive like millions of dollars) or as a sign of being a part of the community. Some companies uses NFT's as game pieces. You play the game and own that character. And each character is unique with its combination of traits.

Right now NFT community is mostly about making money. But i agree with @visualstudios In time people will see its uses. As an artist, i can say NFT stuff opened up a huge opportunity and job applications for me. But i refuse to do those stupid monkey avatar stuff or cryptopunks or anything like that. I usually work with game companies that i can show my arts value. And in some platforms, where as a creator, NFT's are making money to you aswell while being reselled. You are marked as the creator of the piece in the blockchain and you get your share. Which was not possible before unless there was some special contract.

Of course there are some bumps on the road. And with all new things, rich people will just become more rich by one other mean. But in the end its a new technology, and new windows for different people to shine. There will always be some oppotunists making millions when some new things emerge. 

Some people will say "you can just screenshot it". Yes you can, you always could. You can download illegal music, movies, save some pictures. I have a reproduction of a van gogh painting in my wall. Nobody said "you can just download from torrent why did you rent this movie" With this technology, people can show you that they own them in matter of seconds.

There are many things that i dont know about it. Like how the law works? Since this whole blockchain system is about being uncentered, who prevents me from using a screenshot? Which authority do i go to if i am scammed? How come people cant just screenshot a picture and sell it as NFT? OR do they? Who punishes the scammers? If i sell a product in a platform, how does the other platforms would be aware of that and accept the new owner? I have no idea how those work.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 4:21 AM, imagination7413 said:

Slow down there. Do you know what an SKU is? Did you know that proof of ownership is a hard thing to implement in the digital domain? Non Fungible Tokens are simply an application of decentralized technology.

I'm not referring to the Bored, or Happy Apes, or Punks!

This is real serious technology, to be honest. Also, the art NFT thing will blow over and people will get to know the real use cases like digital certifications, and proof of ownership.

Conclusion:
Don't be quick to judge because you'll have to use NFT or a decentralized ticketing system in near future. 😁

That's how I feel about this new trend thing! Cheers!!!

• Like 4