Non orders association

djslash

Come on, guys. Don’t whine 😛 . I think everyone gets their fair share of attention on Fiverr.

I’ve had weeks without any orders. Also, I believe it took me more than a month to even get noticed in here. :o

Just be patient and if you know anything about promoting yourself (share your gigs on Twitter, FB, on your blog, whatever), then do. I just happen to be really bad at this, so I just hope people see me on Fiverr, but it’s worth a try and if your gigs and customer service are good, you will get sales eventually. 🙂

Reply to @carlaism:

"(share your gigs on Twitter, FB, on your blog, whatever), then do. I just happen to be really bad at this, so I just hope people see me on Fiverr, but it’s worth a try and if your gigs and customer service are good, you will get sales " ???

IF SELLERS AND BUYERS MET ON Twitter, FB, on your blog, whatever …SO THEY NO NEED TO COME TO FIVER… THEY WILL DO THEIR BUSNESS AT THEIR???

Hey @djslash, why are you being rude (caps lock on, so I’m guessing you’re yelling at me for some reason)? I have just told you I don’t promote myself because I’m not good at it and that I’ve had periods when I haven’t had sales for weeks, even months, so I DO UNDERSTAND the situation. I just suggested it to you because I know people who do it and it’s working for them.

People wouldn’t buy things on FB/Twitter just like that, because they wouldn’t know what they’re buying. Fiverr is a well organized place, we have the rating system to prove that we’re good, so there is more trust and people prefer to buy things like that. So if you share your Fiverr gigs on FB/Twitter/etc…, more people would react than if you just posted a status message with “Hey, give me $5 and I will do a nice logo for you”.

We all get attention at a certain point on Fiverr. There are very many of us. You can’t expect to be on the first pages all the time.

Top Rated Sellers have earned their name on this website through great customer service and quality gigs. 🙂

In fact, djslash does have a point there. If I promote my specialized video production on FB/TW I can either sell it at real prices… Why would I promote underpayed gigs on fiverr, where I get only 1/100 of a price for such value. Think about it 🙂 If fiverr promotes my gigs, they get paid too. Otherwise I promote my real business I do in real life.

Reply to @bafana: You haven’t read my entire post then. People are less likely to pay any attention to a status message that says “I will do something for $5” than to a shared gig from a trusted website, where you have ratings and comments on your work, even samples, you know? 🙂

Also, Fiverr does promote our gigs, BIG time! But there are soooo many sellers. You can’t always be on the first pages, that’s all I’m saying.

Reply to @carlaism: Even if I didn’t read it whole, my post doesn’t change a bit. 🙂 I get calls for producing something for 200$ and more, that well I’m already promoted through the web (not even knowing, I’m doing almost the same things for fiverr) 😉 Said in other words, my brand is already known so much, that customers don’t need examples of what I do. That’s why I don’t want to promote my business from fiverr in my already established business.

You’ll ask why am I then doing on Fiverr? The answer is: Mostly trying out new ways and trying to go global. There is a limit of business in local country. It’s better to have all productions spread in many networks and specializations. You never know when crisis in one business destroys your income.

Sure, but then your experience is different from that of other sellers in here. You have a working business, your work is known. Fiverr is just expansion. 🙂 But for a person trying to get himself/herself known on FB/Twitter alone (without having a known business or working with a trusted site), I just don’t see that happening.

I only work on Fiverr. I get to go out in the weekends with the money and that’s about it and I’m not complaining, because I’m grateful for the opportunity Fiverr is giving me and it’s a very well organized website.

With thousands of users, also new ones every day, we all have ups and downs, periods with orders and even weeks of nothing whatsoever…

Reply to @designhero: I’m just sharing methods I’ve heard from others, trying to help. As I’ve said before, I am not a marketer. I’m a horrible business person, so I rely on Fiverr alone too.

This is why I replied to this post, because I can completely relate. But I don’t complain, because as rare as orders might be sometimes, I LOVE FIVERR for this opportunity it’s giving me to do what I love :X . Nobody would even notice me elsewhere. 😦

Reply to @carlaism: sorry, I was actually referring to @djslash.

There will be always ups and downs in any business, and I am experiencing the same thing too. I should have got 50 orders in a week, and only got 5 so far, but thats ok. Thats how life is. =)

I have read some of the threads here, that self promotion is really good. Maybe, buy one fiver gig, the one who tweets your gig to real people. try that =)

Investments 🙂

@djslash I’m going to be perfectly honest with you, djslash. There are legitimate reasons why you, specifically, are not getting many orders. Before you point your finger at Fiverr for not promoting you, I think you need to look at yourself because it sure as heck is not Fiverr’s fault. Fiverr provided you with a link, a secure way to get paid, a portfolio for your work, and access to millions of buyers worldwide. I’d say be a little grateful. Here are some things you can work on for yourself-

1. You spam the forums repeatedly with your gig link and sometimes you post on other peoples’ threads with it. It’s rude.

2. YOU TYPE IN CAPZ LOCKKKK ALL THE TIME!!! W/ EXCLAMATION POINTZZZ!!! It doesn’t look very professional or business-like. Why would I buy your gig when I do not understand half of what you are typing since you like to use internet slang, random caps lock, and irrelevant punctuation? I understand that you’re ‘not good at English,’ trust me, English is my third language. You can take the time to learn some typing skills to make yourself look professional. No one hears your accent or voice so no one can judge you on anything other than how you type. Just because you are working online does not mean you do not need to uphold a professional appearance.

3. I promote myself on Facebook and I own a Tarot blog. I link all of it to Fiverr because Fiverr is a one stop convenience. If you do not want to do this, hate to say it, sounds like a you problem, not a Fiverr problem. Fiverr already rotates people throughout the front page, and I know they actually do this. I’ve kept a close eye over the past week, ever since I saw myself on there. You can lift a finger or two and promote yourself.

4. If you don’t like it, then DO something about it. Ask Fiverr for a bump to the front page for a few days. You’ve seen already that people have done it and Fiverr has given them some help. Get to know some of the more successful people on Fiverr and check out their gigs. See what they offer that you don’t that makes them more favorable. Look at the language they use to promote their gigs and look at their tags. Compare yourself to your competition and then polish yourself to look better.

In conclusion, there is a lot you can do to promote yourself and get more buyers. This is only the tip of the iceberg that Ive covered. If you don’t ‘feel like it’ or it’s ‘too much effort for $4,’ then by all means keep blaming Fiverr and keep collecting dust. We’ve all had our share of problems with Fiverr. I know for a fact that if you’re courteous to the community and to Customer Support, they will bend over backwards to help you, but don’t expect this to be easy peasy money with no work effort put into it!

Archived