Fiverr Forum

Not 1 successful Gig purchase

I signed up with fiverr to get help with web development. So far I’ve placed 2 orders. The first was cancelled due to an inability to deliver on time. The second is being cancelled by the seller due to what I believe was a miscommunication in the order.

So now I have all this refunded money in a fiverr account that I cannot get back, almost $70. Buying another Gig isn’t an option since it seems no one can really do what they claim here - or have some other excuse as to why they don’t want to complete the gig they took.

Fiverr should really allow a way for people to truly get their money refunded, and not have to keep buying Gigs that never get finished.

Fiverr’s been nothing but a waste of time, and now money since I can’t get it back.

Maybe some people get what they need from gigs, but for me fiverr’s been a total losing experience.

A lot of people get what they need from gigs, otherwise Fiverr wouldn’t exist.

You can contact Customer Support and ask to get your funds back. They accept to do it once (or twice, but the second time is when you decide to close your account).

I am truly sorry that you’ve had a bad experience here. There are many of us who are honest sellers. Unfortunately, as you’ve found out, there are some who are less honest, or less capable. There are no ‘entry criteria’ for sellers to Fiverr that proves they can do what they say they can do. Just like real life, it’s up to the buyer to do their own due diligence on a seller’s credentials.

Some buyers are willing to take a risk on cheaper, newer, smaller sellers to get a better price but if you want to be more confident of getting a good outcome you should expect to pay more. Then you should order small first time around to verify a seller’s communication and understanding is going to suit you. You could be cheeky and ask for their completion rate (completion rate includes gigs mutually cancelled, but they are not obligated to give it to you). You could check their reviews, not just for 5 stars, but does the wording of the review sound like the buyer was truly satisfied? Buyers tend to give 5 stars as a matter of course, but the wording of the reviews can tell you a lot more about their experience.

You can also use the forum although this can be a little time consuming, but looking at users who are active and saying smart things is a way I find sellers if I need them. You could ask for recommendations on the forum, though the names would have to be given by PM.

I hope you stick around and get what you need.

Yes @catwriter, I get that. Maybe I should have made the subject line about the fact that I’ve spent money here that’s been “refunded” - except I can’t really get that money back. It sits here in fiverr, waiting for me to buy another gig. But at this point, I have zero confidence that I will get what I need/pay for on fiverr, and cannot waste any more time experimenting. Buying another gig is not an option.

Thanks for the suggestion to contact support for a refund. I’ll try, but am not optimistic because it states in the FAQ that monies can only be credited. (This must be how the owner of fiverr makes money, on abandoned accounts with refunded money in them that never gets used due to the buyers being frustrated and not getting what they’re trying to buy.)

This is where fiverr falls way short, imo. People should not be forced to have to spend money here when they’ve already tried and the sellers don’t deliver. Offer a TRUE refund that I get put back in my wallet, not on a service platform that has shown itself to be useless for my needs.

The cancelled orders had nothing to do with “honesty” or “dishonesty”, @capitalquality. I understand sometimes things don’t work out, and there’s no hard feelings. The frustration lies in the fact that I provided very clear requests and an opportunity to review the project before finalizing the gig buy. I used only top rated sellers, read all the reviews, and chose carefully from the responses received. And still, both gigs were cancelled/refunded.

But as stated in my other reply, the most frustration right now is that monies spent and then refunded on fiverr aren’t true refunds. It sits here as credit, and for me that’s the same as setting fire to this money.

I’m going to try to contact fiverr about getting my money out of their system/account. Maybe they will, but the FAQ’s state pretty clearly once you’ve sent money to fiverr it’s theirs for keeps.

The terms state what catwriter said, that you can contact Customer Support and they may return the money to your payment source, minus the fee I think, and that they do limit the option, but if you ask for it for the first time, I suppose they will do it. Good luck!

Sorry for your bad experience btw and I agree that it´s irritating that it´s so easy to get money into something, or register for something but often so hard to get it out again or to get out again, I haven´t seen that just with fiverr though. :wink:

Refunds
Fiverr does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.