Not accepting every order as tempting as it is

kyeh1124

I am a new seller on Fiverr, and I’ve had one successful delivery so far (and one that I’m working on right now), I know that I shouldn’t accept every order I get if I know I can’t complete it, but sometimes it’s hard to turn them down especially because I’m still on my first few orders. Does anyone have any tips on making it easier for new sellers to turn down orders? I don’t want to end up getting a bad review one day just because I wasn’t willing to turn down an order I couldn’t do…

Catering to the buyer in this situation can help a rejection go more smoothly.

Try something like, “I’m so sorry, but I don’t think I can do this job for you. I want you to have an awesome Fiverr experience and I just don’t think my skills are up to the job. I don’t want you to waste your money on work that won’t be up to standards. Thank you for considering me for your job, but I really suggest you find another seller.”

You could then link the buyer to a different seller with more experience with you.

You’re absolutely right to turn down orders that you won’t be able to complete.
Additionally, the above method will also work for buyers you don’t want to work with. Plus, it provides backing for cancellation by Customer Support if they order anyway.

Archived