Not Always Right

ameraltaf1

We’ve all heard the adage: the customer is always right. It’s supposed to promote an agreeable customer service mindset that allows you to always make the client happy. Sometimes that’s hard, however.

Not Always Right documents such difficult situations, and they’re almost all hilarious. For example:
CLIENT: I’m not too sure about the blue…

ME: Actually, that’s green.

CLIENT: Who’s the client?

ME: You.

CLIENT: And what color is it?

ME: …blue?

CLIENT: Right. Now let me see what other shades of blue we have.

We settled on pine-tree ”blue.”

We’ve all heard the adage: the customer is always right. It’s supposed to promote an agreeable customer service mindset that allows you to always make the client happy. Sometimes that’s hard, however.

Not Always Right documents such difficult situations, and they’re almost all hilarious. For example:

CLIENT: I’m not too sure about the blue…

ME: Actually, that’s green.

CLIENT: Who’s the client?

ME: You.

CLIENT: And what color is it?

ME: …blue?

CLIENT: Right. Now let me see what other shades of blue we have.

Brilliant! I hope everyone he shows it to points out that it is green.

Pinus wallichiana is a coniferous evergreen tree […]
This tree is often known as Bhutan pine,[2] (not to be confused with the recently described Bhutan white pine, Pinus bhutanica, a closely related species). Other names include blue pine,[2] Himalayan pine[2] and Himalayan white pine.
[From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]

Or your client may have been Japanese, while they do have a (newer) word for green, the (older) word ‘ao’ does indeed mean both blue and green. A blue sky for example would be ‘aozora’, and green traffic lights are ‘aoshingô’.

But that just as a fun aside, I like that conversation and Miss Crystal is right! 🙂

Archived