Fiverr Forum

Not getting any orders after suspending the gig

Last month I had to pause my gig because of the exams. I reactivated it after 40 days and it was there in the same ranking place for a few days. Suddenly it went down and now it is so down on the search results and even I can’t find it. Now I am not getting any orders at all.

I do content writing on Fiverr and I had the most rated ‘express’ content writing service in Fiverr (380+ positive feedback in about 5 months).

I am paying my college fees from Fiverr income and this is very frustrating. Can someone help me with this?

Will I be able to get it back to the same place by adding a video?

When you suspend a gig it will put the search rankings down ALOT. I would never suggest suspending a gig, the best thing to do is add more time onto the delivery this way your standings dont fall

Reply to @shawnecannon: Thank you for the reply. I thought of doing that, but I have an express delivery gig. It is the most rated “express” content writing gig on Fiverr, so I paused it to save the express status. Can I get it back on the search results by adding a video?

Absolutely adding a video and maybe updating your description a little will make it fresh and MAY increase its position again. Adding video is a must!

Reply to @ozzieuk: Thank you, I will add a video tomorrow.

No Worries ! Good Luck !

This also explains some of my suspended gigs in the past.

Reply to @shawnecannon: Totally untrue. I suspend my gigs all the time. One of them is usually suspended 4 out of 7 days a week and my search ranking has never dropped after reinstating a gig. As a matter of fact, the opposite is true. When you alter a gig in any way it drops in rankings. Then, it either climbs back to where it was or keeps falling. Odd, I know. But I know this is the case because I’ve tested it time and again over the last year. Plus, like I said earlier, I suspend all the time and never loose my place after I re-activate it. Sometimes, randomly my gigs drop in search with nothing to do with suspending them. So far they’ve always come back up though. I think it has to do with people adding new gigs. (I could be wrong, but for me it’s always been like this)

Reply to @bigbadbilly: Scary. I edit my gigs all the time. That just stinks.

Hmm editing gigs does seem like a more logical reason to lower it’s search rankings. If you make too many frequent edits, it can make you a flaky seller. I’ve had the same problem, where I went away for a week, suspended my gigs, came back, made a few changes before reactivating them and now I’ve only had 1 gig in the past 4 days.

A big drop in income for me. Sometime I think Fiverr forget that this is people’s incomes their playing around with.

you can’t always be the first place, if you always the first, new guy will never have the chance.