Notification blobs?

chris8888

So how do I know when I have a fiverr notification?
The messages thing has a pink blob over it.
click on it - read all the messages.
Read as many messages as you can.

Sometimes the pink blob will go away.
cool - I’ve read all my messages 🙂 - relax.
Wrong! - the pink blob is back.
Quick try and find out if you have new messages.
Maybe - maybe not, Who knows? It looks like I’ve read everything, but I’m still on the blob???

What about the green blob over your Avatar?
Click it! maybe you can get up to date with system critical notifications from Fiverr?
Maybe not.
Why is it green?
what does it mean?
Who knows?
It may or may not mean nothing?

Thoughts?

It’s a weird interface thing really when you think about it - the green blob,
It’s like the light in the fridge that goes off when you shut the fridge door. (so we are told)

When the green blob is not there - I will be offline and I will never get to see it.
What possible purpose could it serve from a UX viewpoint?

It’s a weird interface thing really when you think about it - the green blob,

It’s like the light in the fridge that goes off when you shut the fridge door. (so we are told)

When the green blob is not there - I will be offline and I will never get to see it.

What possible purpose could it serve from a UX viewpoint?

Sometimes the green blob is not showing green (a Fiverr bug) when you are actually online and there are many posts about that.

Anyhow, don’t want you to see “red” by talking about it here.

PS. Like your sense of humour! 🙂

I’m putting a bit of effort into making Fiverr work for me today, so there are a lot of questions.

So basically - there’s no reason for the green blob - it just tells you you are online.

In order to see the green blob - you must be online.

Sometimes the green blob is not there due to a bug, so you must doubt your existence.

Upshot - replace the dynamic green blob code with a gif/svg that is always there?

The pink blob is always pink, never green, and sometimes it goes away, but it seems to have very little relationship with whether you are up to date on messages.

there’s probably something I don’t understand here, but I agree - it’s a constant source of confusion.

The pink blob is always pink, never green, and sometimes it goes away, but it seems to have very little relationship with whether you are up to date on messages.

there’s probably something I don’t understand here, but I agree - it’s a constant source of confusion.

The pink blob near the “messages” header section means that you have unread messages waiting for you…

Often the buyers send messages like “thank you” that I don’t answer so that means the pink blob stays on ?

Often the buyers send messages like “thank you” that I don’t answer so that means the pink blob stays on ?

My pink blob goes away as soon as I reply to the notification or message it is letting me know is waiting for me. 😉

My pink blob goes away as soon as I reply to the notification or message it is letting me know is waiting for me. 😉

My pink blob goes away as soon as I reply to the notification or message it is letting me know is waiting for me.

Notice how they are teaching us how they want us to behave.

At this point, I would suggest a team effort, where we create a bunch of different use cases, build some test gigs and test clients, analyze the different blob outcomes, then share the knowledge amongst each other in order to know what’s going on.

Then I think - wait a minute - that’s not our job! etc etc…

Archived