NOW What Do I Do?

tee_hi

Only yesterday, I got my Level One badge and today got an order cancellation; as the order was for something subjective and I know not everyone will be 100% satisfied, I didn’t get [too] upset, but just accepted the mutual cancellation. But now I have a question –

The particular gig they ordered only had one other completed order, which means my cancellation ratio for that particular gig will be 50%, right? Could that totally wreck my overall standing? I JUST GOT MY LEVEL ONE!

So at this point, would it be better to let things lie or delete that gig and redo it as a new one?

I don’t thing deleting the gig when you already completed some orders with that… is a good option. Just try to get more order as if you don’t have any bad reviews in that gig then i am sure you can get more order.

Yeah; I thought about that. It took WEEKS to get those orders, so with its new stats, it may well take even longer, now. And how will it effect my account, overall?

Yeah; I thought about that. It took WEEKS to get those orders, so with its new stats, it may well take even longer, now. And how will it effect my account, overall?

It may affect your gig search results abut if you apply to buyers request for that gig then you will get orders for sure…

And how will it effect my account, overall?

That’s a good question, but I fear nobody really can tell you, CS included. What they do tell you though is that the effect of the rate drop depends on the reason for the cancellation and they say it’s being differed between ‘good and bad’ cancellations. So if the reason given for a cancellation is ‘buyer ordered accidentally’ or such in theory it should count less than… yeah, than what… ‘seller couldn’t do the job’ for instance could mean seller promised more than they could do but could also mean buyer didn’t read the description and ordered what seller didn’t promise to do, so, yeah. Also, who reads and decides if the things you type when choosing ‘other’ as a reason, are true and who interprets them…

Either way though, I don’t think that deleting the gig will help your rating any, as that would make no sense, everyone could just delete a gig in that case, that rate most probably is linked to/counts to/for your account, not the individual gig ‘it happened on’. Just my opinion though, I don’t have any quote for that.

Thanks for responding, everyone; then I guess it just stays as-is and I’ll hope for the best.

@capitalquality, the only problem with “do nothing except don’t take subjective orders again” is that I do vocal work, so it’s kind of like logo-creation or story writing; what works for one person may not work for someone else. This’ why I have plenty of audio samples and encourage buyers to listen and I even offer a 10-sec demo before purchase. It’s just one of those things, I guess; not everyone is going to like my particular tone, but I do wish they’d determine that BEFORE ordering.

sigh

Thanks for responding, everyone; then I guess it just stays as-is and I’ll hope for the best.

@capitalquality, the only problem with “do nothing except don’t take subjective orders again” is that I do vocal work, so it’s kind of like logo-creation or story writing; what works for one person may not work for someone else. This’ why I have plenty of audio samples and encourage buyers to listen and I even offer a 10-sec demo before purchase. It’s just one of those things, I guess; not everyone is going to like my particular tone, but I do wish they’d determine that BEFORE ordering.

sigh

Ah, I see. I might have been inclined not to cancel in that case. They know your tone, you did the work, you deserve to be paid 🙂

Ah, I see. I might have been inclined not to cancel in that case. They know your tone, you did the work, you deserve to be paid 🙂

True. But still being so new, I also didn’t want to risk refusing and then ending up with a bad review, which to my mind, would have been even worse…six on one hand, half a dozen on the other, I guess.

Archived