Fiverr Forum

O/T Discussion about Website Builders and more

I am a big fan of Weebly for easy site creation. It is better than Wix from both ease of use and SEO perspectives. Wix is also extremely slow by most standards. Been using Weebly for various things for 10 years now.

6 Likes

Weebly is easy but I had a site there hacked, no idea how. And after a while I couldn’t sign in anymore so had to abandon the site.

2 Likes

Unfortunately can happen anywhere pretty much, I don’t think it is a specific Weebly weakness as such.

2 Likes

I used to have a couple hundred sites, that was a first. But the others were all my own creations on a very secure server.

2 Likes

Have had multiple sites there over the past 10 years and created tons for clients too, never had a similar issue.
Have also used Wix and Squarespace a lot but get much better results for Weebly sites, even if Wix is prettier

2 Likes

Mmmhhh… $7 per month could suit me. I basically only want a landing page which points people here and elsewhere.

Thanks for this!

3 Likes

No worries, if you are selling on the site directly, you can integrate Ecwid (or similar) with it and avoid Weebly fees and restrictions too as well as it looking better.

1 Like

Payment processors can be tricky. They charge fees and sometimes hold your money for six months. I’m hoping for recommendations.

1 Like

I use Squarespace and really like it. I have also used Weebly, and that’s pretty great too.

2 Likes

Aw, I’m so sad to hear of this. Drink a ton of water every day, like at least a gallon, for your kidney. And get in some exercise. Please take care of yourself, you and everyone here. It can be easy to neglect your health when you do this.

1 Like

Yes exactly. It’s a gamble that nine out of ten people lose. To make it work you really need a team of people working around the clock at a variety of jobs, such as marketing, tech management, design and content, SEO, etc.

1 Like

Do you actually have a failing kidney?

May I ask how you are planning to set up your website?

I used to have my own website but the ROI was pathetic. Plus just managing it and trying to make it look like the real deal (super professional) was both far too time intensive and never really happened. I am, however, planning to reestablish a website this year. This time though, I’m thinking about using Wix to simplify the whole process. (Or something better and cheaper if you have any tips).

1 Like

Someone was just complaining to me that Squarespace won’t give him his money for months. It all depends on your “risk assessment” probably.

1 Like

Actually, this is pretty awesome. I have a domain name which I really want which Weebly just told me I can get for $19. - It’s $35 at Godaddy without a .com prefix. How the hell does that work?

Now to ride my fire breathing marketing unicorn to Paypal to see how much I have accrued in book royalties over 2017!

2 Likes

I have never processed payments or used their eCommerce section - so not sure about that aspect. I mainly like it from the design / ease-of-use / versatility aspect.

2 Likes

Yep, the doctor told me I need to reduce the amount of time I sit down and get some more exercise. I haven’t done either yet and probably won’t be able to do it for a few more months. I can’t eat beef anymore without experiencing pain spikes. My back is in constant pain too.

I sooo get what you mean. Right now I’m partnered with multiple sites that’ll help me drive a bit more traffic towards mine whenever I get it up. I won’t start earning big bucks any time soon but it’ll still be better than nothing.

I really just kinda want the TRS just to justify my bad life choices

Wix sounds good on paper but it’s really not a good idea in the long run. The majority of your funds should go towards advertising. SEO is probably dead at this point or insanely overpriced.

1 Like

Paypal is the easiest and most reliable but doesn’t look professional at checkout. Also I’m not sure if everyone has to have a Paypal account to pay with it or not.

1 Like

For my business off of Fiverr, I use Stripe, and really like it. Easy to setup and integrate…

2 Likes

Sign up for a free account on Weebly and try it out, see if you like it etc. You can play with it all you want that way and then decide if you will use it before buying.

2 Likes

Likewise with Squarespace, and probably Wix too - they definitely each have a slightly different design philosophy and user interface, so its a case of finding one that clicks for you…

4 Likes