Fiverr Community Forum

Obstination is a virtue, not a vice

I know things from living life and seeing stuff and being brought to canned conclusions from my bloated brain. I know things from the aforementioned, and there are lessons within the things I know that I find unconventional yet useful. I know everything, and the thing of the every that I will tell you now is this:

Obstination is a virtue, not a vice.

You see, I’m quite stubborn, and I’m never wrong, and I’m perfect, and I live by that (star ratings be damned). You see, I’m telling you this because I’m brilliant. You see, I shine brighter than all those stupid stars you sleep under.

When I was seven or eight or nine I was kicked out of my house by my mother because I was a child. When I was eight or nine or seven I sat naked on the sidewalk in the Texas heat with my baby fat and a pack of hot dogs because I was a child. When I was nine or seven or eight I knew everything.

Parents call their children child. Parents think being a child is an insult. Parents aren’t so brilliant. They think they’re smart. They think they’re better. They think they’re perfect. I don’t think so. I don’t think I’m wrong. I don’t think being stubborn is such a bad thing. I don’t lose. I don’t lose. I don’t lose.

I never have to lose because I’m perfect. I never have to lose because I’m right. I never have to lose because I’m stubborn and serious about not changing direction. I was dragged back to the house by my braids. I was dragged back to the house victorious. I was dragged back to the house with my dignity and principle.

Obstination is a virtue, not a vice.

It’s some lesson I didn’t pick up in homeschool that stuck.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

What’s a childhood lesson you learned?

3 Likes

Basically, that everyone but me is a maniac, but thinks I’m the maniac.

2 Likes

At some point along these lines, I must have sworn you were singing in the bathroom lol.

We are products of our choices, and you sure did channel your ‘attribute’ into profitable ventures. I’d rather be obstinate about my goals, and not wear it as a badge for my complete character.

“Curiosity is a path to wisdom.”

I like that one. It’s a wonderful sentiment.