OD on Fiverr for Success

lparziale

I did NOT coin the term, if someone knows who did, please chime in with credit! So to OD here on Fiverr means to Over Deliver. I thought I would open up this post for examples. Keep it simple. I’ll go first.

I OD’ed today on my Postcard Design gig - I was asked to “just use the exact design they had and make it better, since the font was too small.” The buyer said it more than once, not to re-design. However, the initial design was just not that creative and I wanted the buyer to see what was possible. So I created 3 designs. One as she asked and then two variations that she could use if she liked.

Result? She chose one of the new designs AND was very happy and gave me a glowing thumbs up.

I OD’ed today on Fiverr!

Hey lpariale!

Thanks for spreading the enthusiasm for the term “OD”! It’s been in my mind for several months because it’s just so catchy and it does cause people to do a double take when you use it due to it’s more popular meaning. After perusing this Fiverr forum for a while I came to the conclusion that a lot of the successful sellers over deliver consistently, myself included, so I thought I should start up a thread with that title.

For newbies, if there is anyway for you to consistently over deliver I would encourage you to do it. It will help generate consistent positive feedback which is the best way to get your Gig to show up in Fiverr searches (from my expeirence.) That, in turn, will get you more sales, especially when potential buyers see the positve feedback.

I know with my writing gig I try and OD by writing a bit more than the required writing as long as the person has been very cooperative with me. If not I do my best to at least get the best quality I can do for the person. With reviews I try and do them as fast as I can do so people can see a quick turn around. I haven’t done either of my other gigs yet for customers so I can’t say I OD on them yet.

Guest tn5rr2012

I OD all the time here on Fiverr, it is the only way to deliver my family tree gig. I know in the beginning I was WAYYYY oD’ing and giving people trees with 11 generations but I don’t have the time to do that now but I always make sure they gets lots of great information and tidbits about their family history

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived