Odd Conversation with Seller - I feel stupid!

I am not a seller, and maybe I am missing something very basic, but I had the most bizarre conversation with a seller just now and I was wondering whether I could get some feedback from you nice people.

The seller charges an X amount of money for 1 gig, that includes 6 photos and 1 model.
I wanted 2 gigs, one each with 6 photos, and gig 1 would be with a male model (it is product photography) and gig 2 would be a female model (12 pics in total).

Instead of taking my $300 for the two gigs, the photographer wanted to charge $150 for 1 gig + USD$50,00 for the second model + USD$30 for each additional photo (so basically charging me USD$380,00.

The final amount is not that much higher than the $300 for the 2 gigs, but for the life of me, I could not understand his logic of not accepting 2 gigs, as these would be 2 different photo shoots.

Besides the fact that he wanted more money, what else am I missing here?

He kept telling me I ask too many questions, and I kept saying: because I need to understand your logic!

Anyway, he declined to work with me (I guess I was too much of a pain in the butt client and asked too many questions).

Thank you!

Maybe you should just have ordered one gig at a time. As they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Anyhow, good luck with your next seller.

Is choosing a female model a gig extra by any chance?
Not joking, they may have to hire someone else to do it or whatever.

I realized I should have done that from the get go, but I was not aware he would complicate things that much.
Hindsight is 20-20, right?

You are correct. If I wanted 1 gig that would have both male and female models, the additional model would cost $50.00.
This is super clear on the gig description.

My point, and maybe where I got things super confusing, is that I did not want 1 gig with 2 models, I wanted 2 full gigs with 2 separate models.

I really have a hard time wrapping my head around this seller’s logic.

If you wanted me to do some service which needed me to bring someone else in then I would charge extra too.

Maybe that is the part that got confused, because I did not want him to bring an additional model into the same shooting. These were two completely separate shootings.
Plus, based on this logic, I could purchase 1 gig for $150.00 + $50 for the additional model + $60 for 2 additional more photos.

I would pay him $260.00 instead of $300.00, and he still had to hire a second person.

It makes no sense in my head…

Hi @eoinfinnegan

What I understand @andycosta68 is trying to explain is that he ordered 2 separated gigs and in each gig the model is included:

1st gig: 6 photos male model
2nd gig: 6 photos female model

So no extra charge had to be included for models belonged to what it was offered.

Thank you for explaining so much better than I did - I am still upset about it, which is super silly…but these things get to me, as I try to be very fair with anyone I work with.

Don’t be upset or feel stupid. Find another great seller! :slightly_smiling_face:

No need to thank me, it was my pleasure to help you! :slightly_smiling_face: