Off Fiverr To On Fiverr

Guest offlinehelpers

Guest offlinehelpers

Evening all!

Okay - so my username gives it away - I do stuff for offline businesses - mainly personalizing videos for plumbers, chiropractors, dentists etc.

I realise that there is possibly a finite number of these businesses which use Fiverr, and although I do get some repeat business, I’m not getting as much as I could if I were to offer different services.

So, I’ve got a few options:

1. Should I try to bring non-Fiverr traffic onto Fiverr - free gig as an incentive etc. using the Fiverr referral promotion
  2. Should I offer additional services to offline businesses - lead magnets, email series, landing pages etc.
  3. Add more different gigs to appeal to non-offline businesses, which perhaps could lead to repeat business etc.
  4. Would my username affect any of the above?

I’d love to hear your feedback please?

And for @writer99025 here’s a bit of entertainment - my wee dog Archie doing his trick https://youtu.be/5Ra7GvFr4QI

1. The referral promos a good idea, bu why not try Fiverr anywhere? I keep meaning to do this thing on Twitter, but I am lazy. There’s a post floating about on how to use this strategy about which you’ve probably seen (I am er, lazy and maybe someone else will find it instead!)

2. Yes! More gigs, different categories, more exposire!

3. See above, perhaps make a bunch of them linked to each other so there’s a “full service” if people want it. I tried that with Kindle eBooks–I was going to write the blurb, design the cover and format the book. I got rid of the cover as nobody ordered it and as for the formatting good God, I had to cancel every order because buyers in that market are apparently blind bats who can’t read the words NO PICTURES. So… that’s a good strategy, but there are pitfalls which you won’t discover until they’re up and running.

4. I don’t think the username matters much, unless you’re e.g. a writer and your name is graetritor (although that’s so obscure that I imagine most people won’t notice. I have seen quite a few xyzdesingers, though. lol)

1. Should I try to bring non-Fiverr traffic onto Fiverr - free gig as an incentive etc. using the Fiverr referral promotion

Ans: That would depend on your clientele. Also, if a client is unaware of fiver, bringing them could potentially have the move onto other sellers. (If you catch my drift)

2. Should I offer additional services to offline businesses - lead magnets, email series, landing pages etc.

Ans: No harm in adding new gigs

3. Add more different gigs to appeal to non-offline businesses, which perhaps could lead to repeat business etc.

Ans: The trick to new gig business on fiverr seems to be lasing targeted niche.

Ans: Your username is technically a brand name, so really wouldn’t matter, as long as it is synonymous with quality support. My id is djgodknows and I dont do anything with music. But now clients knows this id provides good service, thats all that matters

Guest offlinehelpers

I like your username. 🎀 I have a question. Is Fiverr referral promotion available for now? sorry I don’t find it.

If you go to your dashboard and click on selling, there’s a dropdown to ‘Invite Friends $ Get $5’ - it gives all the info there.

Guest offlinehelpers
  1. The referral promos a good idea, bu why not try Fiverr anywhere? I keep meaning to do this thing on Twitter, but I am lazy. There’s a post floating about on how to use this strategy about which you’ve probably seen (I am er, lazy and maybe someone else will find it instead!)

2. Yes! More gigs, different categories, more exposire!

3. See above, perhaps make a bunch of them linked to each other so there’s a “full service” if people want it. I tried that with Kindle eBooks–I was going to write the blurb, design the cover and format the book. I got rid of the cover as nobody ordered it and as for the formatting good God, I had to cancel every order because buyers in that market are apparently blind bats who can’t read the words NO PICTURES. So… that’s a good strategy, but there are pitfalls which you won’t discover until they’re up and running.

4. I don’t think the username matters much, unless you’re e.g. a writer and your name is graetritor (although that’s so obscure that I imagine most people won’t notice. I have seen quite a few xyzdesingers, though. lol)

Good thinking about Fiverr anywhere @emmaki, but I’m assuming that non-Fiverr users would have to join Fiverr to start with, so I could funnel them into a Fiverr anywhere offer or an existing gig?

Good thinking about Fiverr anywhere @emmaki, but I’m assuming that non-Fiverr users would have to join Fiverr to start with, so I could funnel them into a Fiverr anywhere offer or an existing gig?

Well, I’m not 100% as I haven’t researched this fully, but I would imagine that you put your offer up (20% discount for all new buyers and get $5 free by…[awesome details]"), ensnare your victim lead so they sign up and you get the thing. Or as DJ pointed out, you get gazumped and swindled out of all your hard work by a competitor.

The signup really only takes like 2 minutes if you use FB or whatever, so I don’t see it being a huge barrier. The key is just making sure that your offer sounds ridiculously good and unavoidable.

Guest offlinehelpers

Ans: That would depend on your clientele. Also, if a client is unaware of fiver, bringing them could potentially have the move onto other sellers. (If you catch my drift)

Ans: No harm in adding new gigs

Ans: The trick to new gig business on fiverr seems to be lasing targeted niche.

Ans: Your username is technically a brand name, so really wouldn’t matter, as long as it is synonymous with quality support. My id is djgodknows and I dont do anything with music. But now clients knows this id provides good service, thats all that matters

@djgodknows - hadn’t thought of that, so by funneling them through to Fiverr, they could actually buy from somebody other than me - good thinking!

@djgodknows - hadn’t thought of that, so by funneling them through to Fiverr, they could actually buy from somebody other than me - good thinking!

If you’re going to go off-site and advertise, you might as well just build your own website and charge more regular prices (and skip the 20%). It’s something to consider if you don’t already have a website! Make landing pages that focus on a specific industry, offer some free stuff so they sign up to your list, then… work that.

This is also something I should be doing, but I am lazy! I like that Fiverr just gives me work without having to do anything. I can forgive a lot for that…

Guest offlinehelpers

If you’re going to go off-site and advertise, you might as well just build your own website and charge more regular prices (and skip the 20%). It’s something to consider if you don’t already have a website! Make landing pages that focus on a specific industry, offer some free stuff so they sign up to your list, then… work that.

This is also something I should be doing, but I am lazy! I like that Fiverr just gives me work without having to do anything. I can forgive a lot for that…

That was my thinking as well - I have ways of getting them on a list outside of Fiverr etc. I’ve got the websites and whatnot, I just can’t be ars*d with setting up PayPal etc. to do the same as have done with Fiverr. I’m just trying to decide if offline businesses will sign up to Fiverr if my offer’s attractive enough for them.

That was my thinking as well - I have ways of getting them on a list outside of Fiverr etc. I’ve got the websites and whatnot, I just can’t be ars*d with setting up PayPal etc. to do the same as have done with Fiverr. I’m just trying to decide if offline businesses will sign up to Fiverr if my offer’s attractive enough for them.

PayPal’s not that difficult is it? Just slap a button on there and Bob’s your uncle. I’d Google a bit to find out who is doing really well in your industry and take notes on their strategy. Easiest way to poach is to be cheaper, after all!

One neat trick I know of is the case study trick. So you don’t have a portfolio, that sucks. So what you do is you take a famous company (or anything, really, but it should be famous) and work your magic creating a mockup of your services and how it “improved” famous things thing.

Then you coattail the social media with your famous thign and get noticed by people. This is another thing I have not done, because I have terminal laziness.

I have had a good number of people sign up to Fiverr specifically to buy my services. The thing is, no matter what you buy online, they want you to sign up so people are used to it. And as Emmaki says it takes a minute or two with the FB signup. I bought some coffee filters for a total of $5 from an Irish site and they asked for a huge amount of info which was really weird. I still gave it to them as I wanted the product.

I have had a good number of people sign up to Fiverr specifically to buy my services. The thing is, no matter what you buy online, they want you to sign up so people are used to it. And as Emmaki says it takes a minute or two with the FB signup. I bought some coffee filters for a total of $5 from an Irish site and they asked for a huge amount of info which was really weird. I still gave it to them as I wanted the product.

I still gave it to them as I wanted the product.

Must be some kinda speciale filters Eoin…

Guest offlinehelpers

Cheers for that @eoinfinnegan - it’s good to know - sorry about the rugby today BTW - I can’t remember the last time Scotland won a rugby match!

Guest offlinehelpers

PayPal’s not that difficult is it? Just slap a button on there and Bob’s your uncle. I’d Google a bit to find out who is doing really well in your industry and take notes on their strategy. Easiest way to poach is to be cheaper, after all!

One neat trick I know of is the case study trick. So you don’t have a portfolio, that sucks. So what you do is you take a famous company (or anything, really, but it should be famous) and work your magic creating a mockup of your services and how it “improved” famous things thing.

Then you coattail the social media with your famous thign and get noticed by people. This is another thing I have not done, because I have terminal laziness.

No - PayPal’s not difficult - I’ve just got used to the comforting, safe cocoon of Fiverr! I really like it here!

Guest offlinehelpers

Yeah, football is my game but congrats for the win!

I think we were very lucky, and so were England - a happy house here tonight!

It redirecting me to home page. Thanks for you comment 😃 I think this option is disabled from my region.

It redirecting me to home page. Thanks for you comment 😃 I think this option is disabled from my region.

It’s not disabled, the promotion is no longer operational.

Archived