Offering telephone consulting

jomcmahan

I am about to set up my seller account and want to eventually offer telephone consults with clients. Is this possible through Fiverr and how is it done? Do I sell the gig and then through messages to the client set up the phone call?

• 3 years later...

Effective communication leads to more satisfied works and thus voice and video calls is a required features.

Lot of cloud platform available like zoom and other providers to keep the sensitive and privacy regulations under control, such as sharing personal information, ect…

Hope to see this video conferencing to enforced. Because some work might demand a multiple people involved, so video group conferencing allows us to leverage the power.

Effective communication leads to more satisfied works and thus voice and video calls is a required features.

Lot of cloud platform available like zoom and other providers to keep the sensitive and privacy regulations under control, such as sharing personal information, ect…

Hope to see this video conferencing to enforced. Because some work might demand a multiple people involved, so video group conferencing allows us to leverage the power.

Hello, not a good idea. You need everything in writing that is discussed. It is for your own protection. They can’t say you promised to do something later if everything is in writing. There are other reasons also.

Another reason is that it’s a great time waster for you to have a chat session. Your time is valuable. Get it in writing what you offer and what they will be getting and skip the chats. It would not be to your advantage. Not to mention language barriers and misunderstandings that will happen, all of which spells a big lengthy talk leading to much confusion, misunderstanding and frustration.

Never do that.

It is a waste of time and gives you no protection.

There is nothing you can’t discuss in the Fiverr chat. Buyers only want to use Zoom so they can ramble on and make you do the work of finding the salient points. They want you to write it all down so they don’t have to.

Don’t enable laziness. You don’t get paid to do that.

A client wanted to discuss writing text for his phone app with me by phone. This would undoubtedly have taken 15+ minutes along with general chat and whatever else.

I refused, asked a couple of quick questions which he answered and supplied the info he had about the app, all in a document.

I will begin working on that in two days time. I have the info he provided neatly waiting for me. How would a phone conversation have helped?

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, eoinfinnegan said:

A client wanted to discuss writing text for his phone app with me by phone. This would undoubtedly have taken 15+ minutes along with general chat and whatever else.

I refused, asked a couple of quick questions which he answered and supplied the info he had about the app, all in a document.

I will begin working on that in two days time. I have the info he provided neatly waiting for me. How would a phone conversation have helped?

Phone calls are good for brainstorming ideas and discussing complicated instructions with someone who speaks your language. Sometimes a quick phone call takes much less time to explain and understand than having to write a very long email message. I only work with USA and Canadian buyers so their is not language barriers.

I am not sure if everyone has this feature, but I have a video chat link in my order section.  So if I open an order, I can organize to talk to my client but using Fiverrs link.  I doubt Fiverr will allow telephone calls, or anything outside Fiverr.  Before opening the gig or making the gig, contact customer service and ask them if it is Okay to do this, remember if you are not allowed to, they will not accept your gig (it will be denied).

I have no idea why, but, on my Gigs if I choose to have a Live consult - video, chat or phone, Fiverr has allowed me to do this.

I do not do this though - but, I have no idea if it has to do with the category I am in or my length of time here or Level? But, I can do live sessions with people, which does include phone.

GG

Archived