Fiverr Community Forum

Okay not like me, but here goes

So, we males are programmed generally to appear strong. Yet these are unprecedented times.

Personally I feel like some kind of invisible film coating has been placed over me- The connection lost. Yet not totally.

Y’know I smiled at a stranger the other day. Could have been very different depending on my mood.
It was a genuine smile, part recognition of our current state, part understanding. The reaction was subtle but positive. Damn those little things play on my mind!

Anyway, stay cool and strong.

Nate

6 Likes

I hope you didn’t do it on public transport. You can get sectioned for that. :wink:

5 Likes

Unless his face has enough expression that the laugh lines around his eyes conveyed the smile - would work here, at least, it’s pretty much the only place you can (have to) still get close enough to other people to notice their laugh lines.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo. “So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

(From “The Fellowship of the Ring” movie; weird source for Covid era quotes, isn’t it, but smiling at strangers is (usually) certainly a good thing to do with the time that is given us :slight_smile: )

5 Likes