Old Gigs Orderable?

Hi! I wasn’t sure where to put this, so apologies if it’s in the wrong place.

Today I received an order for a gig I deleted two or three years ago. How is this possible? I did request the buyer to cancel the order, and I also contacted customer service to help resolve the issue so it doesn’t count against me if I decide to start some gigs in the future. But I just don’t get it. Is there something I can do to make sure my gigs are really gone when I delete them?

contact to customer support

I don’t know how they could order a deleted gig, but there’s a Request a Custom Order button on your profile. Maybe that’s how they did it?

To disable it, go to Selling>Gigs and you will see the Accepting Custom Gigs option above the Add New Gig blue button. Disable this option, and hopefully nobody will be able to order from you until you want them to.

Oooh, I’ll try that. Thank you!

Hm. I don’t see an Add New Gig blue button. :frowning:

@goodgift Does this help?

I don’t get that page when I click on Gigs. It just takes me to a page with a big video about gigs, pictures of Fiverr freelancers, a 3-step “How It Works” list, buyer stories, and then Q&A. I don’t have any of the stuff in your screenshot.

And I have to get back to work (I’ve been on lunch). I’ll look at it a bit more tonight.

Thank you for all your help!

If you “paused” your gig - It will still be live (but not in Fiverr searches.)

It’s not possible to receive orders from a gig no longer on Fiverr’s platform.

Perhaps you don’t have it because you have deleted all of your gigs, so Fiverr treats you as a buyer? And, since you used to be a seller, the option to accept custom orders remained active on your profile because you didn’t deactivate it while you still had gigs for sale?

I’m just guessing here; if my guess is correct, I see two solutions (that is, if you don’t find the option to disable custom orders elsewhere). One is to ask CS to remove “Request a Custom Order” option from your profile, and the other one would be to create a gig, get a page like the one you’ve seen in the screenshot, disable the option for accepting custom orders, and then delete the gig again.

I didn’t pause them. I straight up deleted them. I even doubled checked on my profile, and it says no gigs. It even says that the last order I did was three years ago. LOL

I will try your suggestion when I get home from work tonight. :slight_smile: Thank you!!!

Since you were so helpful, I wanted to share with you what I found out! :slight_smile:

I have had eight pending gigs for years, where the buyers never followed through with the order. Since there was no way to get rid of them without cancelling and possibly affecting my rating, I just left them to rot.

Well…one of those buyers decided to FINALLY submit his info (FOUR YEARS later), and that activated the order! I didn’t realize it until I went to look at the order number for the customer service rep that’s helping me. It’s kind of funny but kind of not. LOL

The buyer agreed to the mutual cancellation I submitted, and I’ve asked customer service if they can remove the remaining pending orders so this doesn’t happen again!

Thank you for sharing what happened!