Old is Gold (Fiverr logo),what do you think?

abdullah_shah

In my opinion the previous one was better:

• Aesthetically, the slab serif with the green background gave a more reliable look, and did translate well to the idea of currency, of 5$ for a service like originally intended - the sans serif font on the new one just says “this is modern” and that’s it.
  • Now that I look at it, the f-i ligature didn’t look great in the previous logo either, but it’s much worse in the new one. From afar especially, it looks like a weird Hebrew letter or katakana. It looks really alien, almost like they aren’t readable characters, and not an F and an I that have been fused together.

5rnewlogo.jpg.ef09c8f195546da80221b7e52ec330e6.jpg

I also don’t get the green dot’s placement. I think it’s supposed to signify the fact that it’s online work, like a status indicator, but having it hang so low doesn’t make much sense.

In my opinion the previous one was better:

• Aesthetically, the slab serif with the green background gave a more reliable look, and did translate well to the idea of currency, of 5$ for a service like originally intended - the sans serif font on the new one just says “this is modern” and that’s it.
  • Now that I look at it, the f-i ligature didn’t look great in the previous logo either, but it’s much worse in the new one. From afar especially, it looks like a weird Hebrew letter or katakana. It looks really alien, almost like they aren’t readable characters, and not an F and an I that have been fused together.

5rnewlogo

I also don’t get the green dot’s placement. I think it’s supposed to signify the fact that it’s online work, like a status indicator, but having it hang so low doesn’t make much sense.

absolutely .i think they need to modify the old one.

Archived