Fiverr Forum

One Buyer- Two Different Ratings Displayed

I got a 4.7 on my order page.

But then I go to my gig page and see a 4.5

02%20PM

Has this happened to you? If Fiverr changing the numbers so anything under 5.0 is 4.5?

i think they have started to round them up(down) in a new (strange) way , same thing just happened to me , first time in the history of the world has 4.7 been rounded down to 4.5 … wow … i think they must change it or even if they have to show the ratings in decimals its better to state the exact figure … (on a seperate note i think you must hide the name of the buyer )

They round it up. Both 4.7 and 4.3 show as 4.5.

Sorry about the off-topic, but perhaps you can change your feedback a bit? Right now, it sounds a little harsh. Maybe “Thank you for your business. I’m sorry you didn’t like my service better.” followed by an explanation of what you did, exactly?

But 4.7 to 4.5 isn’t rounding up.

It does seem that it in the “manage sales” page it is always either a whole number or ends in .5 though (but not always rounding up to the .5 figure).

It could be rounding/truncating in a strange way or it could be averaging just 2 of the figures to get the 4.5 instead of the 4.7 or 4.3 (instead of the places it shows the more accurate figure by averaging all 3 figures).

edit:
A user gives 3 separate reviews scores:

1. communication
  2. service as described
  3. buy again/recommend

Maybe it averages the first 2 of those to get the 4.5 figure.

4,5,5 = 4.7 average (rounded to 1 dp)
5,4,4 = 4.3 average (rounded to 1 dp)

average of 4,5=4.5 (first 2 numbers, eg. commuication , service as described)
average of 5,4=4.5 (first 2 numbers, eg. commuication , service as described)

All right, they “round it up”. :slight_smile:

That’s crazy. These decimals matter.

Now my overall ratings are

• Service as described 4.5
  • Recommend to a friend 4.5

Even though it’s not true. When I go to Analytics, my ratings are 4.9, 4.8, 4.6. (ratings breakdown)

I will follow your advice.

I don’t understand this system. Why give buyers options from 1 to 5 if they’re just going to round up or round down? What’s wrong with having exact numbers?

A 4.7 is more powerful than a 4.5. Honestly, sometimes it feels like I’m swimming upstream, like selling has become so hard because as soon as I figure out the system, they change it.

Then they tell us what Fiverr is for doers. Well, there ain’t much doing if you can’t get orders because you have a 4.5 instead of a 4.7.