One of my friend suspended his fiverr account because of using publice IP in the public place!

oliur76

poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes
    • No
    • I just now lied

It’s very important to know that, some times your fiverr account can suspend using for public IP address. Because there are lots of user login by same IP address. That is why google recognize the user as a robot user and suspicious. Fiverr authority notice that the user trying to promote in bad way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that and that’s worst case when our account is blocked.
It can happen to all of us. But when we think Fiverr can’t know who is based on IP and they analyze their data and that’s to make Fiverr more secure. Sometimes we can see similar cases but the problem can be solved and on one way that tells us Fiverr is here to prevent hacking our accounts.

I understand that and that’s worst case when our account is blocked.

It can happen to all of us. But when we think Fiverr can’t know who is based on IP and they analyze their data and that’s to make Fiverr more secure. Sometimes we can see similar cases but the problem can be solved and on one way that tells us Fiverr is here to prevent hacking our accounts.

But when we think Fiverr can’t know who is based on IP and they analyze their data and that’s to make Fiverr more secure.

It is not based on IP how they find out you have more than one account.

As many people have replied, I am also sure that Fiverr does not block accounts solely based on the IP.
And guess what ? Your friend’s account is NOT blocked.
Tell him / her to log in from another IP range and he / she will be able to log in. The message he or she is getting is not related to his / her Fiverr account being blocked.
What happens is Fiverr uses the alogoritms from the Google data regarding Google’s blacklisted IPs and your friend may have tried logging in from one of those IP ranges and seen a blockage related message within a Fiverr page and I have seen that before and it is not a Fiverr account blockage message.
Once your friend has tried logging in from a different IP range, he or she will be able to login to his / her Fiverr account. And then please post the outcome here.

As many people have replied, I am also sure that Fiverr does not block accounts solely based on the IP.

Tell him / her to log in from another IP range and he / she will be able to log in. The message he or she is getting is not related to his / her Fiverr account being blocked.

What happens is Fiverr uses the alogoritms from the Google data regarding Google’s blacklisted IPs and your friend may have tried logging in from one of those IP ranges and seen a blockage related message within a Fiverr page and I have seen that before and it is not a Fiverr account blockage message.

Once your friend has tried logging in from a different IP range, he or she will be able to login to his / her Fiverr account. And then please post the outcome here.

Tell him / her to log in from another IP range and he / she will be able to log in.

Really? You’re encouraging people to get around the rules? You’re instructing people how to overcome Fiverr’s choice to block an account? Seriously? 😮

Tell him / her to log in from another IP range and he / she will be able to log in.

Really? You’re encouraging people to get around the rules? You’re instructing people how to overcome Fiverr’s choice to block an account? Seriously? 😮

You’re encouraging people to get around the rules?

Not at all. Tell me exactly and very precisely as to where I have mentioned anything related to “getting around rules”.

The issue here is not about any rules. The issue here is about a user that was trying to log in from a public place having an IP range that is in the blacklist of major spam authorities.

Suggestiing him or her to try logging in from another IP range is in now way related to Fiverr TOS or rules.

The exact same issue happened to me when I tried logging in from a public internet cafe and when I went back home, I was able to log in It seems to be an IP issue and not a Fiverr account block issue.

You’re encouraging people to get around the rules?

So, trying to log in from a different IP address, according to you means “getting around rules” ?

I think you did not understand what I have mentioned, in the first place.

A person was trying to login to Fiverr account from a public place such as an internet cafe and the page showed a blockage related message, which relates to a website identifying an IP as a spam related IP.

Logging in from another IP range is in now way related to Fiverr rules at all !!!

Infact Fiverr support itself adviced me the same in such an issue, long ago and it worked !!!

There are spam monitoring authorities which websites depend on in order to block visits, bots coming from bad traffic and the spam monitors blacklist some IPs and websites rely on that data to keep their websites safe from things like DDOS, etc.

Logging in from a different IP range in no way has anything to do with Fiverr rules.

But when we think Fiverr can’t know who is based on IP and they analyze their data and that’s to make Fiverr more secure.

One of the ways that websites detect more than 1 account is by IP addresses. Yes, there are other aspects in the algorithm. But IP address is definitely one of the aspects.

Seriously?

Yes, very seriously , I’m suggesting OP to suggest that Fiverr user to try logging in from a different range of IP address.

And since you do not seem to understand this and falsely accusing me of “encouraging people to get around the rules”, let me explain it in a way you MAY understand.

1. Logged in from an internet cafe IP address was for example 123.123.123.123
  2. Logged in from home and IP address was for example 321.321.321.321

These are different IP ranges.

Your false allegation against me is quite grave in nature, because you have falsely accused me of encouraging people to go against Fiverr rules !

Kindly, henceforth avoid such grave false accusations against any forum member.

You have violated Fiverr Forum rules by making a false accusation of a grave nature against another member.

Not on this site. They dont use IP

Not on this site. They dont use IP

Fiverr does use IP as one of the methods to detect multiple accounts, etc.

Try to log in from an IP that is identified as a source of spam by the known anti-spam authorites that websites like Fiverr rely on to update their anti-spam algorithms, you will get a message from Fiverr on the Fiverr webpage related to some access blockage.

Every web portal, in order to detect non-allowed multiple accounts, etc, do use IP addresses as one of their detection methods and it is often a programmed algorithm and IP address is always incorporated in that algorithm along with other detection methods. In the internet world, the most significant detection method for things like non-allowed multiple accounts, spam, etc is the IP address. Yes, there are other aspects, but IP address is definitely considered for this.

Anyone could go to a different IP and get into their account! Please stop

Everyone using a residential IP address (and this includes 90% of the world) gets a new IP address each time they log into their networking device for internet.

Do you use a smartphone ? Do you use a laptop with a dongle for internet ? Do you use any networking device like a router, a hotspot ? Yes ? Then you too will not be having the same IP address every time. These are dynamic IP addresses provided by the ISPs.

I use public IPs all the time.

You guys are guessing.

This is the privacy policy -

In addition, we collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site. In other words, when you access the Site we are aware of your usage of the Site, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by Users through the Site. We use that information to enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience as well as monitor the Site for fraud and inappropriate content or behavior. We may also collect supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data.

https://www.fiverr.com/privacy-policy

It is general practice

I know all about IPs

Then how come you said twice that Fiverr does not consider IP addresses as part of it’s detection methods to detect multiple accounts, spam, etc ?

If you know about IPs (your claim), then you should also know that IP addresses are a critical aspect when detecting and spammy online behaviour such as multiple accounts, etc.

IP address is a critical component of anti-spam algorithms that all online portals use for spam or spammy behaviour detection.

I know all about IPs

Then how come you said twice that Fiverr does not consider IP addresses as part of it’s detection methods to detect multiple accounts, spam, etc ?

If you know about IPs (your claim), then you should also know that IP addresses are a critical aspect when detecting and spammy online behaviour such as multiple accounts, etc.

IP address is a critical component of anti-spam algorithms that all online portals use for spam or spammy behaviour detection.

It is not how they block accounts.

It is not how they block accounts.

It is not how they block accounts

Yes, it is one of the reasons that may lead to an account being blocked.

There are many other reasons more crucial towards an account being blocked.

But, IP address is sometimes the reason.

A few years ago, when I travelled to Japan and logged in to my Fiverr account, it got blocked instantly. I returned back to India and emailed Fiverr support (from my email address) and the reason Fiverr gave is that their anti-spam algorithm detected suspicious account activity due to account login based on IP address.

Fiverr then verified my account and it was back in order.

Archived