One reason why no orders coming through!

macaracha777

Looking at this platform, one thing sticks out a lot. Supply far exceeds demand. And it is clear, that most people on here are selling. So, how could we improve this? I believe, there is not enough marketing outside this platform about Fiverr members product, as Fiverr marketing campaign is based on us making money, rater than us selling products, which attracts only those, who wants to sell, but not buy. I think if more gig owners will shout about the platform on their social media, as Fiverr being great place to get vast selection of services, our sales would boost. So, I’m not a social media fan, but will give it a go. Will open Instagram and facebook pages and will start promoting this platform as great place to get amazing services… If anyone agree, you should do the same! By supporting and helping each other, we can make this happen! One post from each of you on your social media page and thousands of potential buyers will look at our gigs 🙂

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

Not sure which myths I promote here, however, I did watch your video and will disagree with social media, as if everyone would promote this platform, NOT a gig, it would make huge difference. Please do not underestimate the power of influence of social media.

Not my video.
Also, while your idea has some merit, and you want this:

en.wikipedia.org
250px-Social_Network_Diagram_%28segment%29.svg.png

Collective action

Collective action refers to action taken together by a group of people whose goal is to enhance their condition and achieve a common objective. It is a term that has formulations and theories in many areas of the social sciences including psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science and economics. Researchers Martijn van Zomeren, Tom Postmes, and Russell Spears conducted a meta-analysis of over 180 studies of collective action, in an attempt to integrate three dominant socio-psycholog...

You’re facing the problem of this:

en.wikipedia.org 16px-Emblem-money_svg.png.15b30d135309322bfb8e4ac5d50ef38f.png

Tragedy of the commons

The tragedy of the commons is a situation in a shared-resource system where individual users, acting independently according to their own self-interest, behave contrary to the common good of all users by depleting or spoiling the shared resource through their collective action. The concept originated in an essay written in 1833 by the British economist William Forster Lloyd, who used a hypothetical example of the effects of unregulated grazing on common land (also known as a "common") in Great Br...

I won’t deny that greater exposure of Fiverr could help, but I would never blanket promote it because there are far too many problems with the site. I could individually promote while simultaneously teaching how to properly find and use the best resources this site can offer, but that defeats the aim you want to achieve.

I’d say there is lots of demand but pareto principle applies hard. 80% of orders are done by 20% of sellers.

pareto principle

Had to go look that one up.

en.wikipedia.org
220px-Pareto_principle_applied_to_community_fundraising.jpg.3818f0d88adcb0d8dd7f1782b5309216.jpg

Pareto principle

The Pareto principle states that for many outcomes roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of the causes (the “vital few”). Other names for this principle are the 80/20 rule, the law of the vital few, or the principle of factor sparsity. Management consultant Joseph M. Juran developed the concept in the context of quality control, and improvement, naming it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who noted the 80/20 connection while at the University of Lausanne in 1896. In his first work, ...

Interestingly:

It is an adage of business management that “80% of sales come from 20% of clients”.

pareto principle

Had to go look that one up.

en.wikipedia.org
d17d3c3abe5344f9ee284c90df41dae7ddedb47a.jpeg

Pareto principle

The Pareto principle states that for many outcomes roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of the causes (the “vital few”). Other names for this principle are the 80/20 rule, the law of the vital few, or the principle of factor sparsity. Management consultant Joseph M. Juran developed the concept in the context of quality control, and improvement, naming it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who noted the 80/20 connection while at the University of Lausanne in 1896. In his first work, ...

Interestingly:

It is an adage of business management that “80% of sales come from 20% of clients”.

I’m in logistics high school that’s where I learned that but it applies pretty much to everything

I’d say there is lots of demand but pareto principle applies hard. 80% of orders are done by 20% of sellers.

Will agree on that, however it is down to several factors why such split appears. There is an effect of Pareto principle in many demand/supply positions, however, this principle is the effect of the discipline. Any situation or circumstance, if you take the starting point of it, will have equal share of the whole total regardless of the conditions. Only with time (could be very short time), due to various factors, discipline and activity, including relativity, the share splits in 20/80 and mostly due to the human nature. I could go deeper and deeper in to it, but in general, as I’m new on here and could see many people have no orders, my assumption was what I have stated in my original post 🙂

And thanks people for sounding your opinions and knowledge 🙂

Not my video.

Also, while your idea has some merit, and you want this:

en.wikipedia.org
250px-Social_Network_Diagram_%28segment%29.svg.png

Collective action

Collective action refers to action taken together by a group of people whose goal is to enhance their condition and achieve a common objective. It is a term that has formulations and theories in many areas of the social sciences including psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science and economics. Researchers Martijn van Zomeren, Tom Postmes, and Russell Spears conducted a meta-analysis of over 180 studies of collective action, in an attempt to integrate three dominant socio-psycholog...

You’re facing the problem of this:

en.wikipedia.org a32ce59b511f0d78c3cd6f2ff795eb9b97ba1849.png

Tragedy of the commons

The tragedy of the commons is a situation in a shared-resource system where individual users, acting independently according to their own self-interest, behave contrary to the common good of all users by depleting or spoiling the shared resource through their collective action. The concept originated in an essay written in 1833 by the British economist William Forster Lloyd, who used a hypothetical example of the effects of unregulated grazing on common land (also known as a "common") in Great Br...

I won’t deny that greater exposure of Fiverr could help, but I would never blanket promote it because there are far too many problems with the site. I could individually promote while simultaneously teaching how to properly find and use the best resources this site can offer, but that defeats the aim you want to achieve.

In terms of economics researches and statements, I would not give 100% credit to that, as the economy based on principles they hold and based on so many researches they have done, current situation shows, that there are huge gaps in the modules.

In terms of collective action for good of all users, require great leadership and control, which does not apply to Fiverr. My original post was done due to reading many reviews of no orders coming through, so, this was my first impression, however, after looking at many profiles and their skill levels, it painted me slightly more clearer picture 🙂

I just remembered one om my sales training point… In organization, sales people should be able to sell their colleagues, not the product. Same as if you sell a loaf of bread… will you sell the bread and package or a person, who bakes it, with some history, baking journey and passion? I believe if someone has an inquiry which you cannot fulfill, offer someone else who you know 🙂

Also, what are the downsides of this platform you mentioned? As I’m new here, would love to know more.

Thank You for your replies! Appreciated

In terms of economics researches and statements, I would not give 100% credit to that, as the economy based on principles they hold and based on so many researches they have done, current situation shows, that there are huge gaps in the modules.

In terms of collective action for good of all users, require great leadership and control, which does not apply to Fiverr. My original post was done due to reading many reviews of no orders coming through, so, this was my first impression, however, after looking at many profiles and their skill levels, it painted me slightly more clearer picture 🙂

I just remembered one om my sales training point… In organization, sales people should be able to sell their colleagues, not the product. Same as if you sell a loaf of bread… will you sell the bread and package or a person, who bakes it, with some history, baking journey and passion? I believe if someone has an inquiry which you cannot fulfill, offer someone else who you know 🙂

Also, what are the downsides of this platform you mentioned? As I’m new here, would love to know more.

Thank You for your replies! Appreciated

after looking at many profiles and their skill levels, it painted me slightly

Exactly! 😁 This is a different matter. Fiverr has no barrier to entry (sole exception that users are 13+ years old), so Sturgeons Law applies. Most sellers can’t get orders because what they’re offering is poor quality and/or they’re in a hyper-competitive category and/or don’t know how to market/promote themselves. (Emphasis on most but not all. Your 2 business plan gigs look nice.)

The biggest issues are the ones mentioned above. No barrier to entry, and there’s a reliance on community-provided quality control. Fiverr tends to lean in favor of buyers, because most sellers don’t know what they’re doing.

Some of the smaller issues are based on the slightly outdated business model Fiverr was founded on, and added features that don’t mesh ‘perfectly’ with the main site. Buyer’s Requests, for example, feels like it’s in beta, but it’s also existed for years. Other features don’t work as one might think, or work in ways that seem counter intuitive. Like Milestone orders and Out Of Office mode.

Some of these are just complaints, but a good chunk also have suggestions:

https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Site/Fiverr-Site-Suggestions/20/l/top/yearly

after looking at many profiles and their skill levels, it painted me slightly

Exactly! 😁 This is a different matter. Fiverr has no barrier to entry (sole exception that users are 13+ years old), so Sturgeons Law applies. Most sellers can’t get orders because what they’re offering is poor quality and/or they’re in a hyper-competitive category and/or don’t know how to market/promote themselves. (Emphasis on most but not all. Your 2 business plan gigs look nice.)

The biggest issues are the ones mentioned above. No barrier to entry, and there’s a reliance on community-provided quality control. Fiverr tends to lean in favor of buyers, because most sellers don’t know what they’re doing.

Some of the smaller issues are based on the slightly outdated business model Fiverr was founded on, and added features that don’t mesh ‘perfectly’ with the main site. Buyer’s Requests, for example, feels like it’s in beta, but it’s also existed for years. Other features don’t work as one might think, or work in ways that seem counter intuitive. Like Milestone orders and Out Of Office mode.

Some of these are just complaints, but a good chunk also have suggestions:

https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Site/Fiverr-Site-Suggestions/20/l/top/yearly

Many thanks @imagination7413

Im still trying to figure out what is where and people like you helps a lot. Much appreciated!

What are your strongest gigs? Will certainly divert potential buyers to you, if no business for me 🙂

Archived