One star review from new account, buyer called me a "fraud"

After more than 27 5 star reviews and tips coming from very happy custommers for a particular gig, I now get this 1 star review from a new account… In the review, she is being rude overall, calling my service a “fraud” and is telling people to go buy something else.

When taking a look at the account, I find out that it was in fact created in january of this year, the same month that the review was made.

What this looks like, is a competitor trying to pull down my ratings with a 1 star review. I have sent them a request for them to change their review along with a kind message asking them if they opened their files properly and did take a look at the material delivered.

I have not heard back from the custommer… What should I do at this point?

You should notify customer support immediately. If customer support is somewhat familiar with you and your reputation, they will take action.

Thank you! I just did. I’ve been great with my custommers so far, so hopefully they can see through this

Gig ranking went down quite a bit too, hopefully it goes back up where it used to be

It will in a couple of days.

CS is very reserved about taking reviews down. Although it could well be a competitor, and you have a great rep - they won’t take the review down without really feeling it was done to manipulate your rankings.

Other than that, they say, contact the buyer, and request a revision. They also say they can’t remove a review without the buyer’s permission…which sucks – because if it is someone –
such as a competitor – lying to get you knocked down the rankings – how likely is it that they’re suddenly going to be HONEST, when you ask them to revise their review?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Catch 22.

If I gave the buyer a refund, would the review automatically go away? Or would I need to ask them to do it?

What’s raising a red flag is that I clearly state in the description what the gig is… here is the review. Buyer is from the Netherlands …and with this kind of english throws another red flag

Review:
This is fraud and deception. This is not a coaching course. It’s a lot of stuff that you have to learn yourself. Better for this money, buy a really good and quality book

No the review stays.

I wouldn’t worry about it - there are always some who can’t be pleased for whatever reason.

I would not imagine someone would try to target you in this way. New sellers come here all the time, it is not really a red flag in itself. The English seems fine for a Dutch person, they have a high % of English speakers as a second language there and the second sentence is structured in a way that Dutch people speak.

The reviews speaks into what they thought they were getting and that it did not match expectations - few buyers ever consider that perhaps their expectations were the issue, not the gig :slight_smile: