Oranje Advice to Sellers - All Welcome

oranjewebdesign

Here are a few tips that we think will help all of those Level 1 and 2 Sellers out there.

1. Review you gigs once they are up and live. Make sure you get a friend to double check what you have done. Sometimes the obvious mistake can be missed.

2. Don’t go very late, ever! If anything at the end of the day the worse case scenario is give a refund! Never allow a customer to get the chance to cancel the gig when late. Getting feedback removed is hard work!

3. Never give up. If you have a lower rating work on getting it back up, it’s easy. Just think 100% customer service, go out of your way to please people and in some cases go that extra mile.

4. Ask customer that did not leave feedback’s if they were happy? Many people just forget to leave the feedback, yet that can cost you your rating. I have had many customers tell me that they didn’t even realize how to leave it.

5. Collections, Collections, Collections if you need help talk to Kimmy Pops, Old Bitty and Oranje. I’m sure we will be glad to help you understand the importance of a collection.

6. Promotion is key. Get out there on the Social Medias and be active. The way to get noticed is by being every where at once.

More to come if you guys think this is good advice, otherwise I will shut up. 😛

• 3 months later...

Reply to @mangafanatic22:

The problem with Facebook, is that (based on Facebook’s system outline), a lot of your connections would be your friends and family - which is always going to be a tough sale.

You could create a business/fan page, but once again, you may struggle to drum up attention. I would recommend contacting fan page owners (with large followers and fan activity), and talk about the possibility of posting your advert.

In regards to Twitter, follow the daily trends and hashtags, use them to promote your service and get your name out there. Also, work on legitimate connections.

Pinterest is also a great social media platform, you can read my article about it here: forum.fiverr.com/discussion/3368/how-to-market-your-gigs-on-pinterest

Granted this is a tad off subject but… there is no other option.

As much as I like your post I can’t help but point out after MULTIPLE messages over the past 3 weeks, lengthy and descriptive to both you and your colleague Oranjewebdesign…

I can’t but help feel very frustrated with you after spending real time and effort giving you information about an important website to build for me, yet you haven’t bothered to reply. Not once.

I would LOVE to know why.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it ok to put a gig under collections, even if, you’ve never purchased from that person? I’m, currently, the sole provider & Fiverr is my main source of income. At this point, we need every cent & I’m not able to buy anything here. Though, in future, I might be able to & would like to. I feel, if I put a gig in collections, I’m declaring that I like what they have to offer. That’s only based on what I’ve read in their description, not, from actual experience. I only like to recommend something if I’ve tried it myself. Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Including, whether I should add gigs to the collection which are similar to my own. Thanks.

I also find that it’s helpful to manage a buyer’s expectations throughout the entire process, like when they are purchasing the gigs all the way through to when you deliver the gig.

For Example, In your gig description and in your notes that are sent to buyers when they purchase a gig, let them know:

1. What they must send you, in what format
  2. Let them know what you will, in turn, send them, and what you will not send (gage your client expectations)
  3. Let clients know when/ under what circumstances you will redo a gig for free or for an additional fee

When you deliver an order, have a few standard paragraphs that you consistently send that address:
  4. If they have any questions/ concerns about the order to use the inbox to communicate with you. (This prevents them from using the feedback box to send you a message regarding a change they need)
  5. Let them know that if they are satisfied that you would appreciate them leaving feedback below.
  6. If you have a tip gig, end your message by saying something creative, like, if you are overjoyed with this gig, that you would happily accept a tip.
  7. You can even create a youtube video letting clients know what they should expect and what they should not expect with your gig and include the URL in all communication with them, including your gig description.

Managing expectations goes a long way.

Best,

Amani_1

• 3 weeks later...

Archived