Order about to expire, buyer hasn't logged on to accept offer for more time

agatarguez

Hi everyone!

I’m quite new to Fiverr, it has been going really well these weeks with lots of clients messaging me and ordering.

One long order I have (who the buyer is really happy with, but is still not finished) is due to expire in 8h. It is now beginning of night time in her timezone, so I doubt she will accept my order to add more time before the countdown runs out.

We have been speaking about adding an extra service, and she still needs to send me a revised version to add for the main order… 2 days ago I messaged her to ask for a time extension (she is not in a rush so it’s not a problem) but she completely ignored the message and replied to my other message about the order. I re-sent her the order and she hasn’t logged in since.

Is there any way I can extend the time through Fiverr customer service instead of her? I don’t think she understands the deadline and she told me her dog got injured so I guess she’s busy in hospital with him and won’t log in for a bit!

I think that I am a bit late, but since you and your buyer trust each other, just send a portion of the work as a delivery and CLEARLY EXPLAIN why you sent the sample. Tell her that she doesn’t need to accept the work now, and can even put it into revision since she has to send a revised version.

While an order going into ‘late’ mode does hurt your profile, it’s not the end of the world. Partial deliveries are risky.

Tos

• Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
  • The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

I think that I am a bit late, but since you and your buyer trust each other, just send a portion of the work as a delivery and CLEARLY EXPLAIN why you sent the sample. Tell her that she doesn’t need to accept the work now, and can even put it into revision since she has to send a revised version.

Thanks! That’s what I ended up doing, I waited until 30 mins before the deadline and uploaded the finished PDF I did for her (all it needs is some changes which she still hasn’t sent me), explaining the situation and she accepted my extra offer shortly after.

Archived