Order canceled after 1.5 months

pavelpoley

Hi,
I have completed order for 100$ successfully, after 1.5 months i have message that the order canceled the buyer refunded.

From support i have this answer:
I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Be aware that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his payment privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions.

Buyers who do file disputes on their payments made to Fiverr, whether intentional or purposely held by payment vendor for security screening, must resolve those disputes in order to participate again in the Fiverr community, as they are in clear violation of our Terms of Service.

Can someone explain in simple words what it is mean?

1. Seller @pavelpoley completes a $100 order

— after 1.5 months such order was canceled —

1. Buyer of the $100 order does a Paypal chargeback (I believe chargebacks can be done up to 180 days after purchase – a chargeback is something like a person telling Paypal “Hey, I didn’t receive the goods I bought or I want a refund on this thing I bought.”)

2. You’ll lose the $100 you made. Fiverr can’t help you get it back. The buyer’s account is probably banned from Fiverr by now.

I hope that clears things and I am sorry this happened to you! Paypal chargebacks are annoying.

1. Seller @pavelpoley completes a $100 order

— after 1.5 months such order was canceled —

1. Buyer of the $100 order does a Paypal chargeback (I believe chargebacks can be done up to 180 days after purchase – a chargeback is something like a person telling Paypal “Hey, I didn’t receive the goods I bought or I want a refund on this thing I bought.”)

2. You’ll lose the $100 you made. Fiverr can’t help you get it back. The buyer’s account is probably banned from Fiverr by now.

I hope that clears things and I am sorry this happened to you! Paypal chargebacks are annoying.

Thank you for your explanation, very unfair i lost money time and rating

Yes, your balance will go negative and you’ll have to earn it back.

i think fiverr must realize this issue and take action for solve this problem… because if this happen to seller, it will affect to seller level and lose money without seller fault … this is unfair situation for all seller… fiver team must protect sellers… because sellers are promote fiverr website with gig promotions… fiverr team didnt get seller side in unfair situations… but not for buyers… if buyer get any unfair situation with fiverr seller , fiverr takes action for it immediately…

Hello Pavelpoley,
I really understand how you feel, did you tried to reach out to the customer care if its possible to jack up your rating because it wasn’t your intention to cancel the order, neither the buyers? I know this would really impact your gig performance. I also had $350 cancelled recently after two months but mine was that the buyer was unable to provide the requirements to complete the project (content, logo, pics etc). Actually, but is very choosy, I offered to make the logo designs, supply contents etc but he doesn’t want them. He preferred to do it his way and he is taking soo long to even bring up a logo design. First, the order stayed for 2 weeks awaiting buyer’s requirement… and I manually started the order, but the Buyer didn’t corporate and we had to just cancel it out.

Hello Pavelpoley,

I really understand how you feel, did you tried to reach out to the customer care if its possible to jack up your rating because it wasn’t your intention to cancel the order, neither the buyers? I know this would really impact your gig performance. I also had $350 cancelled recently after two months but mine was that the buyer was unable to provide the requirements to complete the project (content, logo, pics etc). Actually, but is very choosy, I offered to make the logo designs, supply contents etc but he doesn’t want them. He preferred to do it his way and he is taking soo long to even bring up a logo design. First, the order stayed for 2 weeks awaiting buyer’s requirement… and I manually started the order, but the Buyer didn’t corporate and we had to just cancel it out.

Hello Pavelpoley,

I cannot reach the customer, it says “The user account you are looking for is no longer available.”.

Also, the order was canceled after was successfully completed tested and accepted by the client.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks to all replies and support! the help center returned the balance from -80 to zero, but the order compilation stay impacted.

the help center returned the balance from -80 to zero

Good! 🙂

the order compilation stay impacted.

Not so good.

Archived