Fiverr Forum

Order canceled by CS - solved

Hey there,

recently, I did a Logo Animation and delivered it to my client.

These are the order requirements provided by the client:

… is a real estate acquisition company which is aimed at helping homeowners while providing them effective solutions to get out of stressful situations. We’re all about transforming lives and making a massive impact in the world.

Let’s see what you can do

This is the product I’ve delivered, in my oppinion, it’s quite nice:

The client did not respond for three days and the order got closed.

After that, he messaged me that my work is not good and he wants a revision. I voluntarily did a revision even though the order was already closed. This is what I sent him via chat (because the order was closed…):

The client kept messaging about further revisions, I informed him about Fiverr TOS, and what it means when an order is closed.

The next day, Fiverr CS canceled the order, I’ve lost $125 and the client now has a Logo Animation for free.

Did I miss anything? Did I do something wrong? Please let me know your oppinion on this case, thanks.

Tom

(edit: I already contacted CS asking why it was canceled and will keep the forum updated on their response)

1 Like

Hello,

I went to check your gig and it clearly says that you do not offer 0 revisions.
When the buyer came back and asked your for one, you should have pointed that
out. To me it is strange that he kept messaging you when he failed to do so in the first place.
Even though you would have lost money, I would have asked CS to cancel the order at
that point. I read somewhere that if the sellers asks the CS to cancel the order, it does not
affect the cancellation rate. ( I might be wrong though)

Also, is there a way to check whether this company is actually using the work
you created? If they are using it on their website ( when the buyer clearly told you they didn’t like it), you should ask them to take it down.

2 Likes

When he kept messaging you about further revisions what exactly did he want changed?

I would have notified CS when he did that and told them I did what was promised in my gig and do not want to cancel the order, just to put them on notice about the situation. And I would have mentioned that I do not offer any revisions and my gig specifies that. I would have sent them a screenshot with that highlighted. They don’t usually look at your gig, they just go by what the buyer tells them unless you have already explained everything to them.

I’m not saying you did anything wrong. You didn’t.

(revised)

2 Likes

Hey zeus777, thanks for your reply.

At the time of ordering, my gig included 3 revisions. The case I wrote about in the starter thread was the reason I changed that (now it’s one revision included, with the option to book extra revisions).

In the meantime, I got a reply from Fiverr CS. I did not know although an order is closed, a seller is expected to do the amount of included revisions, most importantly in the 14 day grace period while the funds are held. So the cancelation was okay because I did only one revision, while the gig stated 3 revisions at the time of ordering.

Will keep that in mind in the future.

Cheers,
Tom

2 Likes

Hey misscrystal,

thank you for your answer, highly appreciated. I learned that Fiverr TOS does not absolve the seller from doing revisions after an order is closed. Even when it’s closed, you are supposed to do revisions, and at the time of ordering, my gig had 3 revisions included. So the cancelation was in accordance with TOS.

Cheers,
Tom

1 Like

Though they don’t seem to say that in the terms of service.

The TOS says:

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

ie. they don’t say “while an order is marked as Complete”. They also don’t mention the 14 day grace period when it’s more important to do revisions in, or the fact that sellers are meant to allow the remaining revisions to be requested and sent after order completion through the inbox.

They do say

Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete.

and

In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion.

But the above parts don’t mention revisions.

This is a wise move. I used to offer 3 revisions on all my gigs. After changing this to zero on most and just 1 on some, I now hardly get revision requests or problem buyers.

It seems like the more revisions you offer, the more likely you are to attract buyers who come to the table expecting to be dissatisfied.

4 Likes

@cyaxrex Couldn’t agree more.

Hey uk1000, here is a part of the answer I’ve received from CS:

" After reviewing the order I would like to help you in the future to avoid other instances like this one. Our Terms of Service does not specify that once an order is completed after the 3 days do you not need to complete revisions. If you offer more than one revision you should stick by your word, especially if it’s in the 14 days holding period where the funds are pending in our system."

I lowered the number of included revisions to one because of that.

3 Likes

The idea that we are supposed to know that revisions should be done within that 14 day period is ridiculous. It’s not stated anywhere, I’ve never seen it come up or be discussed on the forum and this is the first I’ve heard of it. For $125 I would be asking them to compensate me for just going ahead and cancelling. If 14 days isn’t specified why should we assume that? Why isn’t it 14 minutes or 14 years after completion? There’s no logic to that at all.

That said, I don’t care about revisions as I offer zero revisions on all gigs. I had one the other day and was paid an additional $10 by a buyer who apologised for making a small change to the original order.

On some consultation gigs I encourage questions from the buyer after delivery but that’s just explaining things I have already said. Aside from those I don’t remember the last time someone asked for a revision.

11 Likes

@eoinfinnegan Thank for your reply. The 14 days are the period in which funds are held by the system before you can access them. And asking for a compensation is a good idea :slight_smile: I already sent word to CS.

However, CS already made it clear that there is no way to change this cancelation:
"Please remember that canceled orders can’t be restored. "

Cheers,
T

Yeah I understand that but there’s no real correlation between 14 days and orders. It’s a holding period for money, not a countdown for revisions. I’m 99% sure that the revision button isn’t available to click after order completion either

2 Likes

That’s right, the revision button is gone as soon as the order is closed.

By the way, here’s CS on my compensation inquiry:

I wrote:

Hey …,
thanks for replying fast. It was because I was thinking as soon as an order is completed / closed, it’s done. I thought that it was okay with TOS to not do revisions after an order is completed (I even did a revision after the order was closed). But (name of cs agent) told me a seller is expected to do revisions even after an order is closed (although most of the people on the forum do not agree with that). But that’s a different story.

The reason I am writing is to ask for a compensation for the work I’ve done (approx. 3 hours) and it would be great if you could check if there is something you could do for me.

Thank you so much.
All the best,
Tom

CS wrote:

Bear in mind that we can compensate sellers only if they did everything properly but the order was still canceled. Sadly, this was not the case here :worried:

Hmmm, it’s debatable whether everything was done correctly or not (my opinion is that it was) but I would probably leave it with CS now. That’s a second agent saying the same thing about revisions. Good to know at last, sorry you were the guinea pig for this…

2 Likes

lol @eoinfinnegan :yum: I’m happily the guinea pig in this case, after all I know that being a seller on Fiverr means your worth is comparable to a guinea pig :grin:

Did I mention the buyer had a “top buyer” flag? :wink:

2 Likes

Get back on your wheel!

Top buyer means they bought a few times or spent 100$ or some similar meaningless stat.

1 Like

I’m at the point where I shudder when a “Top Buyer” orders from or messages me. Seeing those words on a newish profile, is like seeing the fasten seatbelt sign start flashing before you hit turbulence.

2 Likes

I agree with Eoin. I discovered I had a TRB when I had spent around $100. Apparently getting a TRB is much easier than getting TRS!

My advice is to just move on. I loved the animation, you did a great job (If the logo was Anti-aliased, the results would be even smoother in your animation). You will probably see similar cases in the future. There are people who actually do that on purpose, knowing how Fiverr support works (probably even ex-sellers). I know you worked hard and you feel bad, but getting consumed by it won’t actually bring you the money back. Come on, punch a pillow, grab a cup of coffee and get back to work. Karma will get him eventually.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. Gladly, it doesn’t bother me too much anymore. What I found helps best is to focus on new projects and that’s what I do now.

All the best,
Tom

2 Likes