Fiverr Forum

Order Cancelled by CS - Great Can I Have That 8-Hours of My Life Back?

A buyer orders from me but does not include any instructions other than: “Do deep research.” Then provides a link to 3 websites. - All peppered with content sourced from several (clearly) cut price Fiverr sellers.

I send a message saying: “Sorry, I really can’t help you unless you tell me what it is you actually want. Sales copy etc.”

Due to the time difference between me and the buyer, I then do what I usually do. - Start work anyway by going through their websites, analyzing their product, and creating a thorough overview.

This entails:

• Research into a very niche industry sector
  • Keyword research & competitor research
  • Writing a 700-word sales copy / product overview
  • Creation of a 30-second video presentation
  • Sourcing of Getty & free stock images

The buyer then messages me mid-way through this. With: “You had your chance. Please cancel this order.”

Since my gig clearly states: IMPORTANT: DO NOT ORDER PRIOR TO READING THE BELOW FAQ SECTION! - I DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS - I decline.

Fast forward to a few hours after delivery, and I get a friendly notice from CS informing me that they have refunded the buyer anyway.

Right…

• So Fiverr, you penalize me for every cancellation, (And yes, I have just dropped 1% point for this one)
  • I have to, therefore, do everything I can to avoid cancellation, even if this means accepting an evil review from a buyer
  • I include a disclaimer in my gig, saying that I do not cancel or refund orders
  • But regardless of what I do, you can waltz in and cancel an order anyway?

If I had known this, I would have absolutely not spent my time and energy working on this order in the first place!

6 Likes

This is gonna be one rough month ain’t it. My gigs have already been killed it’s only a matter of time before Fiverr starts issuing year old buyers refunds.

1 Like

It’s getting like the Walking Dead. Everything which used to make Fiverr OK has been gradually written out of the story line in Favor of a maniac with a baseball bat.

2 Likes

It’s a matter of time before even the leading role quits. Like seriously, have you seen what they did to the rankings?

Well, now it’s happening again. New order. New to Fiverr user. Same vague as possible instructions. Asking me to create an account and login to their site.

Will I cancel this order myself? Or do I take a risk, do the work, and wait for Fiverr to cancel it on the customers behalf? - I wouldn’t even care abount cancelling it myself if it wasn’t for the fact that 3 more like this and I will be demoted.

I’ve completely lost all faith in Fiverr over the past 24-hours.

WoW - You was one of the Big supporter of fiverr all rules - Now i feel really sad to your experience :blush: