A buyer orders from me but does not include any instructions other than: “Do deep research.” Then provides a link to 3 websites. - All peppered with content sourced from several (clearly) cut price Fiverr sellers.
I send a message saying: “Sorry, I really can’t help you unless you tell me what it is you actually want. Sales copy etc.”
Due to the time difference between me and the buyer, I then do what I usually do. - Start work anyway by going through their websites, analyzing their product, and creating a thorough overview.
- Research into a very niche industry sector
- Keyword research & competitor research
- Writing a 700-word sales copy / product overview
- Creation of a 30-second video presentation
- Sourcing of Getty & free stock images
The buyer then messages me mid-way through this. With: “You had your chance. Please cancel this order.”
Since my gig clearly states: IMPORTANT: DO NOT ORDER PRIOR TO READING THE BELOW FAQ SECTION! - I DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS - I decline.
Fast forward to a few hours after delivery, and I get a friendly notice from CS informing me that they have refunded the buyer anyway.
- So Fiverr, you penalize me for every cancellation, (And yes, I have just dropped 1% point for this one)
- I have to, therefore, do everything I can to avoid cancellation, even if this means accepting an evil review from a buyer
- I include a disclaimer in my gig, saying that I do not cancel or refund orders
- But regardless of what I do, you can waltz in and cancel an order anyway?
If I had known this, I would have absolutely not spent my time and energy working on this order in the first place!