Fiverr Forum

Order Completion Rate 94% Despite no Cancellation in 60 Days

The new rule says that number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support. And that it refreshes every 60 days. If that is true, then I wonder why my rate is 94% even though I have no cancellations in 60 days. This has been happening early this month and it’s just now that I am beginning to wonder why. It is unjustifiable. So I sent a ticket to Customer Support and they say to wait 24 hours for the analytics to change. Is this a bug or something? Technical glitch? This is not good. Very disappointing. I am really hoping they will do this leveling right because hardworking people like me, who has been working for Fiverr in 3 years, has been badly affected.

Contact customer services. There are a few glitches like this on the Fiverr site. I’m sure they will put it right.

From experience, canceled orders lead to fewer sales and fewer sales make the cancellation rate disproportionately bigger than it should.

I know I am going to get grief for saying that but anyone can test it for themselves. If I get down to something crazy like 76% response rate, I can guarantee that in 30 days I can get that rate back up to at least 97%. Orders completed and delivered on time scores, though, are very different.

In early June, I hadn’t had a cancellation for at least 60 days but as my order volume went down, so too did my orders complete ratio. Since then I have had 5 cancellations tops and I have only just got back to 97% but it still keeps dropping down to 96%. Orders delivered on time is the real killer, though, Every late delivery seems to knock at least 3 percentage points of my stats.

Wait to see what has happened after 24-hours and maybe think about making your gigs level demotion proof by reducing how many you have, setting single price packages etc. These bugs aren’t going to go away.

It doesn’t look like you moved your gigs to single packages yet, I thought you were going to try that and let us know how it worked for you?

As I said at the time, that’s a mission for the Christmas and New Year sales slump. - Not one for what is essentially order rush hour.

I have one cancellation and because my orders are slow (was on vacation due to Hurricane) mine is down to a 69%. I just posted a new thread about my own experience in the forum. I now have two potential cancellations because two separate Buyer order and are asking for work that isn’t advertised (and one asking for a service that is against Fiverr’s TOS). This will secure my ratio below 90% and I will be demoted as a result of Buyer’s negligence.

I’d recommend reviewing and sharing your thoughts and experiences there too, please!

Hi @homeestates! Thank you for the comment. Yes, I already contacted customer support. And they said to wait for 24 hours for the analytics to change. And so, I’m here now, patiently waiting. Let’s see if they’re true to their word.

Hi @cyaxrex! Thanks for the comment. But It doesn’t make sense lowering the order completion rate just because you have low sales. because the RULE for God’s sake is very clear: number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support. And that it refreshes every 60 days. There is now low sales involve in and between those words.

Hi @abauer5188! Thank you for the advice. I already tried moving my gigs to single packages but it’s still the same. The reason I am expressing it now.

Hi @thepromogirl Thanks for the comment. But It doesn’t make sense lowering the order completion rate just because you have low sales. because the RULE for God’s sake is very clear: number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support. And that it refreshes every 60 days. There is now low sales involve in and between those words.

I’m only referencing my own observation. This is not an official line from Fiverr. However, you need to think about it logically. Cancellations reduce future order volumes. If you have 100 sales one month and cancel 1, that is 1% knocked off your order completion rate. If you only have 10 orders, 1 being cancelled will knock off 10%.

This is why it is harder to recover from.

@cyaxrex I understand your point. But I am referring to the formula in the rule. If we inspect it carefully, the formula is simply: number of cancellations subtracted from 100% and that it refreshes every 60 days. So say for example, in a 60 day span, you have no cancellations whatever. So is it correct to say that you will have 100% as your order completion rate? since it refreshes every 60 days

I doubt Fiverr will ‘reset’ metrics after every 60-day period. If you end one review period with 90% orders compete, that is how you will start the next period. In like regard, if you then get only 10 sales during the next period and 1 person cancels, you will then end up at 80%.

Conversely, if you only complete one order during the following 60-day period and this order is not cancelled, you should be able to bump up your stats to 100%.

You seem to think that things will reset at the start of every review period, perhaps at 0% across the board. That might be a better way of doing things and that might be how things work. I just don’t personally think Fiverr is that clever when it comes to thinking things like this through.

@cyaxrex Thank you so much for being so responsive with my concerns. :slight_smile: Things starting to get clear now. :slight_smile: So here’s my case, in September 23 my order completion rate is 94%. Since then I have completed around 30+ orders without any cancellations whatever on my side or CS side. So since it has been 60 days already, I expected that my rate will be back to 100% since there was no cancellation and the rule says it refreshes every 60 days. Is my thinking correct? And what happened is that on November 24, the rate went up to 95% but then the next day, it returned to 94% again. So I was appalled why the sudden turn out you know. Or the rule should rather be: number of cancellations subtracted from current rate?

You are speaking perfect sense. If what you are saying is true, you should be theoretically on 100% BUT I know excactly what problem you are facing as I have faced the same previously.

I have a suspicion that some rates might be judged and continue to be judged on a longer period than 60 days. All there is to agree on is that the system doesn’t work like it should.

The CS I talked to yesterday said that I have to wait 24 hours for the analytics to change. Let’s see if they are true to their words and will update this thread then. :slight_smile: Thank you @cyaxrex! Thank you everyone! By the @cyaxrex you faced the same problem previously? can you tell us more about that please?

Not really, I just should have been on 100% and it dropped to 98%. Then an hour ago I posted an image of my stats on the forum and one of them has already gone down 1%. I don’t think about it anymore. if I did, I’d probably have an anerurusm.

In the last 60 days I have had 5 cancellations by mutual agreement (4 in the last 30 days) and this apparently has demolished the exposure of my gigs. My income has dropped by more than half this month compared to the previous month. My status has remained at 94% for more than 30 days.

An order was canceled because the client requested work that did not supply, another two by mistake of the customer who bought the same package by mistake, in another the customer bought by mistake when wanting to give me a tip and another I requested to cancel the order after contacting me technical support (they suggested this) since a customer had bought for more than two months without completing the requirements and never answered any of my messages.

This is something that seems unfair to me. I have read that when an order is canceled by mutual agreement or if the client does not respond to the request after three days, the exposure of my gigs will not be affected but this does not seem to be the case.

Something similar happens with my response time. I have more than two weeks responding to all messages in less than 10 minutes except when I sleep and remains immobile in 3 hours. I do not know if this is a bug of the site.

@luisfuenmayor1 have you reported that to CS? what did they say?

@cyaxrex, @abauer5188, @luisfuenmayor1 @thepromogirl @homeestates, the CS responded by saying that the system calculates all the orders I have on my account from the past 60 days, including the completed, cancelled, and mutually cancelled, and lets me know the number it calculates. Furthermore, he says, the current rate of 94% means that 94% of my orders were successfully completed in the last 60 days. As days go by, the rate will either increase or decrease based on the number of successfully completed orders.

Overall, based on these statements by the CS, I can say that the system is calculating incorrectly my order completion rate. Because in truth and in fact, I have no cancellations, I have successfully completed all my orders in the last 60 days, but then they are still giving me 94%. They did increase it to 95% last September 23 but then the day after, they placed it back to 94%, which is very unfair and unjustifiable.

This makes me think someone or something is directly sabotaging my business on Fiverr.

The CS also contend that no one else sees these ratings and that it’s to help us track our account progress on orders. Now presuming that that is true, then it is impossible for the system not to detect the number of orders I’ve completed in the last 60 days. If they are detecting the order completion of other sellers correctly, then why can’t they detect mine correctly too? Unless it is not detecting correctly because someone or something programmed it that way so I won’t have new orders.

This is very discouraging. I have been working here on Fiverr religiously and I’ve given every 20% of my income to this site for almost 3 years but then this is what I get for Christmas.