Order Delivery but no response

adnan_montakin

Sit on your hands. Wait. The buyer is not under any onus to accept a delivery as soon as you send it or even soon thereafter. They can choose to let the system manually accept it 72 hours (3 days) after you have delivered.

Whatever you do, do NOT reach out to the buyer and message them asking them if the delivery was OK or to give you a rating. They get prompted by Fiverr when the delivery is sent and they open it up. Also, doing that can get your account a warning.

Just because the buyer is online, does not mean they owe you anything - a message, rating or acceptance. You did your part of the job, now move forward.

GG

• Like 21

Sit on your hands. Wait. The buyer is not under any onus to accept a delivery as soon as you send it or even soon thereafter. They can choose to let the system manually accept it 72 hours (3 days) after you have delivered.

Whatever you do, do NOT reach out to the buyer and message them asking them if the delivery was OK or to give you a rating. They get prompted by Fiverr when the delivery is sent and they open it up. Also, doing that can get your account a warning.

Just because the buyer is online, does not mean they owe you anything - a message, rating or acceptance. You did your part of the job, now move forward.

GG

he is my old buyer and 10hrs he was not active but now he is active but no response.

• Like 9

he is my old buyer and 10hrs he was not active but now he is active but no response.

Sometimes my regular buyers accept the order immediately. Sometimes they merely let it auto complete. They have their reasons. Let it go as GG already said. Do not bother your buyer or they may not use your services ever again.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

You should not worry about it. You delivered your work, you did your job. If the buyer didn’t like it or wanted to change something, I’m sure he/she would have messaged you. If you hear nothing from him/her, it would mean they are okay with your work or are still analyzing it, or (if they outsourced their work), they could be waiting for their customer’s reply/comments.

Whatever their reason, they are not obliged to respond to you are mark the order as complete. As @vickiespencer said, sometimes buyers just let the order auto-complete itself.

So yes, don’t stay there waiting for a reply from the buyer.

• Like 12

So? What does that matter? What I said still stands. The buyer does not “owe” you a quick acceptance, a reply, a thank you or a rating.

In fact, there was a story not so long ago in the forums about a seller who became so annoyed with a buyer who would not acknowledge his messages or accept the work right away that he kept sending messages to them - and guess what? It got him I think a 2 star review.

Move on.

GG

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Your work will be automatically marked as completed in 3 days. It is okay if you reach to your client asking if everything is okay with the order, you don’t need to tell the client to accept it or give you a rate. Most buyers will thank you, some not.

It is best if he does NOT reach out to the buyer - this can be seen as spam and marked as such by the buyer who can then earn him a nice TOS warning.

He is best to LEAVE the buyer BE.

GG

• Like 9
  • Up 1

“Hey, tell me if everything is okay”. That shows interest in the work you make. That’s not spam.

That’s not spam, but the buyer could report or mark it as spam and Fiverr has strict rules about it. After an order has been delivered, buyers are not obliged to reply or send messages.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

That’s not spam, but the buyer could report or mark it as spam and Fiverr has strict rules about it. After an order has been delivered, buyers are not obliged to reply or send messages.

I know they are not obligated. What I’m saying is that a message is not spam. If he answers that’s okay, if not, that’s okay too but rude lol.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

I know they are not obligated. What I’m saying is that a message is not spam. If he answers that’s okay, if not, that’s okay too but rude lol.

Yes, I get it, but it’s never okay to advice someone to send the buyer a message, their account could be reported or suspended. So it’s better for @adnan_montakin to just consider the work as done and move on to other projects. If something was wrong, the buyer would have certainly messaged him right away. If he didn’t, it might be because everything is fine and is just waiting for the 3 days to pass for the order to autocomplete.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Yes, I get it, but it’s never okay to advice someone to send the buyer a message, their account could be reported or suspended. So it’s better for @adnan_montakin to just consider the work as done and move on to other projects. If something was wrong, the buyer would have certainly messaged him right away. If he didn’t, it might be because everything is fine and is just waiting for the 3 days to pass for the order to autocomplete.

Okay I understand. In my experience I had some buyers that wanted a revision after the order is completed because they didn’t even know it was automatically marked as completed. That’s why I always want to make sure 😂 now I know thank you

• Like 8
  • Up 1

“Hey, tell me if everything is okay”. That shows interest in the work you make. That’s not spam.

That is why you have a “message box” when you go to deliver your order. Put your “let me know if everything is OK” message there, not in a new message sent (some sellers seem to like to pester buyers) over and over asking if all is OK.

GG

• Like 7
  • Up 1

That is why you have a “message box” when you go to deliver your order. Put your “let me know if everything is OK” message there, not in a new message sent (some sellers seem to like to pester buyers) over and over asking if all is OK.

GG

I didn’t say to put it in a new message. Thank you genuine.

• Like 9

I didn’t say to put it in a new message. Thank you genuine.

No problem. I just do not want this seller, who appears new, to think it is OK to send messages to the buyer through the message system if the buyer did not initiate a conversation - I have seen too many come here to the forums complaining later they got a TOS warning, a bad review or worse after doing so.

GG

• Like 12

GG

• Like 6
  • Up 1

GG

I agree!

But it’s the feeling when you have done so much work, so many messages about the order and finally no response 😐

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

Could there be a change of policy within fiverr that affects autocompletion of orders? I delevered an order on the 11th day of the month. Fiverr displays a message that the buyer will have until 17th to review the order. No revision has been requested thus far. Is there a new rule or something that I need to be aware of?

• Like 7