Order filled but zero feedback and no payment

michaelkilliany

Greetings! I was happy when I was contacted a couple of weeks ago from a prospective buyer interested in placing an order (my first!). The buyer expressed urgency in getting the job completed, which was a bit of a challenge due to a 9 hour time difference and me having a full time job. Within 16 hours I was able to get it completed and kept in as close communication as possible with the seller during the entire process. I realize I should have sent a lower quality bitrate (order was for voice over) before payment, but what I sent was of broadcast quality. I feel like even though I didn’t make a sale, it was still valuable experience to interact with a customer, take an order, and fill it. I received the satisfaction of knowing “I can do this”- although I haven’t had any orders since. I hate to give someone a negative rating but they have not responded back at all since I filled the order. Any advice?

Sounds like they got the work for free. When someone buys they pay first and you deliver.

Check out the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page so you know how Fiverr works.

Good luck! 🙂

I know, but I chose to take him at his word. Here’s what he said:

“hi … i am working on a project and i need a voice over for that today is the last day for submission of the project and in fiverr account i have a credit of $4 which means i cant book your gig right now … but i promise you that i would book your gig after i get paid for my project (probably within a week ) and you will be get paid with in 7 to 9 days . do me a favor and provide me a voice over … the benefits you will get from me would be a full review and you will be my permanent voice over guy it can create an awesome understanding between us.”

So, you live and learn. Is your advice I give this guy a bad review?

I know, but I chose to take him at his word. Here’s what he said:

“hi … i am working on a project and i need a voice over for that today is the last day for submission of the project and in fiverr account i have a credit of $4 which means i cant book your gig right now … but i promise you that i would book your gig after i get paid for my project (probably within a week ) and you will be get paid with in 7 to 9 days . do me a favor and provide me a voice over … the benefits you will get from me would be a full review and you will be my permanent voice over guy it can create an awesome understanding between us.”

So, you live and learn. Is your advice I give this guy a bad review?

You can’t give this guy any kind of review as he did not order and pay for anything.

Best just to move on!

Sorry, seems like you did a free job.

Yep, I took a chance, figuring I was helping the guy out and that he would keep his word. I feel he did place an order because he sent me a script. Like I said, I learned a valuable lesson (the hard way) and gained some experience, so it’s all good. I’m sure my first real order will come soon.

Hopefully this thread will help prevent someone else from falling into the same trap.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yep, I took a chance, figuring I was helping the guy out and that he would keep his word. I feel he did place an order because he sent me a script. Like I said, I learned a valuable lesson (the hard way) and gained some experience, so it’s all good. I’m sure my first real order will come soon.

Hopefully this thread will help prevent someone else from falling into the same trap.

Thanks for the feedback.

I wish you all the best!

Archived