Order starts automatically

ayeshasarwar123

The buyer placed the order and it started automatically. I have selected the mandatory answer in the requirements section but how he placed the order and how it started. When I logged in account, I asked him to send me the requirements but he said I want to cancel the order as I can do it myself.

How is it possible that order started automatically and please help me or suggest me how can I prevent the buyer to place an order without discussion as it creates problems. I don’t know how to deal with such clients. 😦

If they didn’t put anything at all in the requirements then it might be a bug. They might have put anything in a mandatory text requirement just to start it, like rubbish eg “.” or any other character.

There’s no option currently for an “accept/reject” option for orders or an option that forces a buyer to contact before they can place an order (you could create a poll thread for that in the site suggestions section).

Here’s one poll where 93% of >100 voters wanted an accept/reject option:

Should Sellers be allowed to accept or decline an order if buyers placed the order without contacting or without proper Information? poll

All you can do is make your “please message before ordering” type message more prominent on gigs that require it (eg. you could put it at the top of the gig description), or reword it to make it more likely they’ll contact you before ordering. Also if you take out “Order Now” just before it, that might help. ie. you’re telling them to order now but you want them to contact you before they do.

The buyer placed the order and it started automatically. I have selected the mandatory answer in the requirements section but how he placed the order and how it started. When I logged in account, I asked him to send me the requirements but he said I want to cancel the order as I can do it myself.

How is it possible that order started automatically and please help me or suggest me how can I prevent the buyer to place an order without discussion as it creates problems. I don’t know how to deal with such clients. 😦

The buyer placed the order and it started automatically.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

I don’t know how to deal with such clients.

Certainly not by doing what you did with the client who left you a 1.7 review (trying to make them feel guilty, which is a Terms of Service violation, plus delivering nothing (the client said they didn’t actually use the service), which is another ToS violation).

Also, as @uk1000 pointed out, it really doesn’t make sense to put ORDER NOW in your gig description if you don’t want buyers to order without contacting you first.

If they didn’t put anything at all in the requirements then it might be a bug. They might have put anything in a mandatory text requirement just to start it, like rubbish eg “.” or any other character.

There’s no option currently for an “accept/reject” option for orders or an option that forces a buyer to contact before they can place an order (you could create a poll thread for that in the site suggestions section).

Here’s one poll where 93% of >100 voters wanted an accept/reject option:

Should Sellers be allowed to accept or decline an order if buyers placed the order without contacting or without proper Information? poll

All you can do is make your “please message before ordering” type message more prominent on gigs that require it (eg. you could put it at the top of the gig description), or reword it to make it more likely they’ll contact you before ordering. Also if you take out “Order Now” just before it, that might help. ie. you’re telling them to order now but you want them to contact you before they do.

thanks so much i have changed it.

I don’t know how to deal with such clients.

Certainly not by doing what you did with the client who left you a 1.7 review (trying to make them feel guilty, which is a Terms of Service violation, plus delivering nothing (the client said they didn’t actually use the service), which is another ToS violation).

Also, as @uk1000 pointed out, it really doesn’t make sense to put ORDER NOW in your gig description if you don’t want buyers to order without contacting you first.

thanks so much i have changed it. 🙂

Archived