Fiverr Community Forum

Ordering Gig Multiple Times and Deadlines

Hello everyone! I’m new to fiverr and thus I don’t have the required status to enable the ordering of multiple gigs in my gig page. What I was wondering was, if a buyer orders the same gig multiple times to meet the requirements for the project, would the deadline still be the same as for only 1 order? Would taking longer to complete the gig automatically result in a bad review, even if a different deadline was set with the buyer?

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for the quick answer! I had arranged with the buyer, I was just afraid there was an automated review system in Fiverr.

I’ve had this happen before too. I tend to do a lot of back-and-forth with my clients in terms of submitting drafts and getting their input on revision. What I’ll do if they’re not responsive enough or if they’ve stacked multiple gigs is deliver a partially-completed order and let them know very clearly that I am doing so to maintain my standing on Fiverr but that I will remain in contact with them until they’re totally happy with the product. Still a bit of a newb, though, so I’m not sure if that’s the best method.

Sorry for not reading this sooner. Thank you all for the feedback, I’ll keep in mind what madmoo said and traxie2001’s method looks very useful for orders that require revisions.

I think Fiverr should have an option for the seller to agree to a longer deadline. I know that when I order multiple gigs at the same time it is going to take longer to get them all back and I would be happy to agree to a longer deadline.

Agree with this suggestion.