Ordering Gigs You Don't Provide

nickwilk

I’ll try to be quick here.

Buyer orders 1 basic gig… 500 words for $5

Buyer sends requirements, wants 700 words and multiple high quality images. Buyer did not pay for images using the Fiverr Getty Image deal. Buyer did not pay for 700 words, only 500.

I went to Resolution, requested to modify the order to reflect the price for the multiple images ($30) and to reflect the $5 needed for the extra word count.

Buyer says no. Buyer wants what they want and does not care about what I have to say, just wants their order.

Is my only real option here to mutually cancel the order and take a ding on my completion rate? A F up on their end means a consequence on my end?

What if I don’t agree to mutually cancel it? Anything at all her to protect the seller from these kind of bogus orders from people trying to get more than they paid for?

I understand that it’s a buyers market, but this is crazy. So, essentially, anyone can order anything from any seller on FIVERR and ask for WAY MORE than they paid for, and either the seller can get dinged for a cancellation or has to suck it up and do the work? That sucks.

I understand that it’s a buyers market, but this is crazy. So, essentially, anyone can order anything from any seller on FIVERR and ask for WAY MORE than they paid for, and either the seller can get dinged for a cancellation or has to suck it up and do the work? That sucks.

Wot should I do.j just cancel the order or complete the work as per buyers requirement.iam just stuck

I would evaluate which you think would impact you less based on current statistics. If you have 100% completion rate, the cancel might not hurt much. If you have plenty of past orders and close to 100% 5-star reviews, then I would send the buyer what they paid for only, get paid, take the review.

If you decide cancellation is the way to go, contact Support first, tell them the issue, and ask if they recommend anything. There is a tiny microscopic chance they can help somehow, like cancel it for you without penalty or suggest a resolution.

Since Support probably can’t help, though, I’d only go that route if other options seem much worse.

I’ll try to be quick here.

Buyer orders 1 basic gig… 500 words for $5

Buyer sends requirements, wants 700 words and multiple high quality images. Buyer did not pay for images using the Fiverr Getty Image deal. Buyer did not pay for 700 words, only 500.

I went to Resolution, requested to modify the order to reflect the price for the multiple images ($30) and to reflect the $5 needed for the extra word count.

Buyer says no. Buyer wants what they want and does not care about what I have to say, just wants their order.

Is my only real option here to mutually cancel the order and take a ding on my completion rate? A F up on their end means a consequence on my end?

What if I don’t agree to mutually cancel it? Anything at all her to protect the seller from these kind of bogus orders from people trying to get more than they paid for?

I call this entrapment – period, point, blank! Which should not be tolerated by Fiverr or Sellers. A Buyer paying for a ground beef package but wanting the filet mignon 🥩 package is not going to fly. This is not Burger King “they cannot have it their way” unless they PAY for the gig extras.

Even though ALL cancellations hurt Sellers. Personally, I’d take the hit just to show the Buyer that he/she will not bully me into fulfilling an order for less. Who knows if this is a common trend with this Buyer, I wouldn’t be surprised if other Sellers caved. The Buyer refusing to pony up the 💰 and being unreasonable shouldn’t compel Sellers to complete the job. This tactic is just bologna!

Food for thought:

Imagine fulfilling multiple orders for Buyers doing the same thing. You’ll be working harder not smarter.

So, essentially, anyone can order anything from any seller on FIVERR and ask for WAY MORE than they paid for, and either the seller can get dinged for a cancellation or has to suck it up and do the work? That sucks.

Yes, it’s a raw deal!

In this scenario, this is where a cxl shouldn’t affect Sellers.

Sorry, @ocean7media this is in response to @nickwilk. 🙂

All buyers are not honest. I think it is not fair when a seller faces like this. Even I wonder more when sellers have not to do anything. Why fiverr don’t have any options for that type of dishonest buyer who wants more than they pay for.

This is just blackmail. Using the buyer advantages (ratings and such) to try to get a financial advantage (in this case, he/she wants to get teh job for a 7th part of the real price) has a name: extortion. Abuse of the guarantee system can be (and should be) penalized. Even if the buyer don’t state it, it’s implied in the conversation. The fact is that buyer demands more work, knowing beforehand it is more expensive. He/she knows perfectly how to take advantage of sellers.

I believe we live in a digital world where people think they are anonymous. But they are not. I can sue anyone that wants to blackmail me, even if hides behind a funny nickname or a proxy, or both. Almost all countries in the world have a legal system that works, believe me. Fortunately, my legal advisor law firm have helped me a lot in the past with those kind of things (mainly copyright infringements and contract abuses).

Said that, it’s up to you what to do against those buyers. Sometimes, just talk to them and explain all the work to be done, that’s enough for most cases. But one thing is for sure: a cancellation rate lasts 60 days, a negative review lasts forever. And consider also the time you will loose working on something that will be rejected. Being a slave is a no no also.

This is just blackmail. Using the buyer advantages (ratings and such) to try to get a financial advantage (in this case, he/she wants to get teh job for a 7th part of the real price) has a name: extortion. Abuse of the guarantee system can be (and should be) penalized. Even if the buyer don’t state it, it’s implied in the conversation. The fact is that buyer demands more work, knowing beforehand it is more expensive. He/she knows perfectly how to take advantage of sellers.

I believe we live in a digital world where people think they are anonymous. But they are not. I can sue anyone that wants to blackmail me, even if hides behind a funny nickname or a proxy, or both. Almost all countries in the world have a legal system that works, believe me. Fortunately, my legal advisor law firm have helped me a lot in the past with those kind of things (mainly copyright infringements and contract abuses).

Said that, it’s up to you what to do against those buyers. Sometimes, just talk to them and explain all the work to be done, that’s enough for most cases. But one thing is for sure: a cancellation rate lasts 60 days, a negative review lasts forever. And consider also the time you will loose working on something that will be rejected. Being a slave is a no no also.

Here is what I would do which may or may not work:

Send a “sales” pitch. Sell him on how great your service is, all the benefits of what he will be getting, all the extra things you will do at no charge, for the small extra which you are sending him an offer for.

Archived