Orders Completed Without Cancellations

fastcopywriter

530308578_orderscompletedwithoutcancellations.png.575390a065c5ab28055932eeaeb004ae.png

Fiverr measures a lot of things. Nowadays they’re showing us what percentage of orders are completed without cancellations.

Do you know what impact Fiverr is warning us about? Is it placement in the search results? Is it fair that sellers who do subjective work to be penalized when clients demand refunds? Is Fiverr becoming too unrealistic in their expectations?

Dear Fast:

My take on this is that the verbiage you cite has always been there, but now that Fiverr has adjusted the Analytics, they need to update the verbiage, so they can stop torturing all the people who are freaking out about this.

Good luck,
Blaise

Amendment: Please consider crossposting in this thread: Fiverrcast Questions.

Please remember to pose your response in the form of a question, like on Jeopardy.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 84484_1.png

May I bring your attention to a few threads in discussion about this mystical thing. https://forum.fiverr.com/t/another-cancellation-and-order-completion-is-descending/106220 ...

May I bring your attention to a few threads in discussion about this mystical thing.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed?

Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed? I have completed all orders and I am usually at 100%. It suddenly dropped to 92%. I think this happened to me once before and it was a bug. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Reading time: 13 mins ? Likes: 178 ❤

Another Cancellation and Order completion% is descending

Hi Everyone. So another person placed a direct order without discussing ($5) and the script was in Uzbek language. Believe me I don't even know which part of the world speak this language. (and that's the reason I want a barrier in placing an order) ...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 46 ❤

What we know about the Fiverr Search Engine algorithm

I was, not too long ago, given a piece of information about the Fiverr search algorithm by CS staff, and I figure it's possible others have too. So, given that there is so much folktale, anecdotal, circumstantial speculation about what the search...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 15 ❤

May I bring your attention to a few threads in discussion about this mystical thing.

Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed?

Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed? I have completed all orders and I am usually at 100%. It suddenly dropped to 92%. I think this happened to me once before and it was a bug. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Reading time: 13 mins ? Likes: 178 ❤

Another Cancellation and Order completion% is descending

Hi Everyone. So another person placed a direct order without discussing ($5) and the script was in Uzbek language. Believe me I don't even know which part of the world speak this language. (and that's the reason I want a barrier in placing an order) ...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 46 ❤

What we know about the Fiverr Search Engine algorithm

I was, not too long ago, given a piece of information about the Fiverr search algorithm by CS staff, and I figure it's possible others have too. So, given that there is so much folktale, anecdotal, circumstantial speculation about what the search...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 15 ❤

Yes, I must have missed those other threads. Thanks for sharing, I read this:

“Thank you for getting in touch with us. The Order Completion Rate you are currently seeing is the correct rate from the last 60 days. The rate also includes all cancellations, including mutual cancellations. Now, I understand that this might be a bit of a shock, but please keep in mind that these stats you are seeing on your account is for your internal use only, and no one else sees these ratings. It’s to help you track your account progress on orders and account.”

Yes, I must have missed those other threads. Thanks for sharing, I read this:

“Thank you for getting in touch with us. The Order Completion Rate you are currently seeing is the correct rate from the last 60 days. The rate also includes all cancellations, including mutual cancellations. Now, I understand that this might be a bit of a shock, but please keep in mind that these stats you are seeing on your account is for your internal use only, and no one else sees these ratings. It’s to help you track your account progress on orders and account.”

Dear Fast:

Your quote is to my point.

Support is now NOT telling us that “Order completion impacts your business” when we ask them, but that language is still showing up in our dashboards.

Thank you,

Blaise

Dear Fast:

My take on this is that the verbiage you cite has always been there, but now that Fiverr has adjusted the Analytics, they need to update the verbiage, so they can stop torturing all the people who are freaking out about this.

Good luck,

Blaise

Amendment: Please consider crossposting in this thread: Fiverrcast Questions.

Please remember to pose your response in the form of a question, like on Jeopardy.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 84484_1.png

May I bring your attention to a few threads in discussion about this mystical thing. https://forum.fiverr.com/t/another-cancellation-and-order-completion-is-descending/106220 ...

Thanks for your input, I am freaking out about this, but if you say this is just verbiage maybe I can relax.

Personally, I don’t like unnecessary warnings, don’t like being penalized for refunds, don’t like being told that if I do a feedback removal request, that might affect me.

One other thing: If they are going to penalize us, as long as it’s applied equality, it works out in the wash.

For example: If I have 15% cancellation but my peers are at 3%, then it wouldn’t surprise me if it impacts me. If I’m at 6% and that’s the average in my category, then I wouldn’t expect much impact.

I’ll guess almost everybody has some cancellations, the question is how to get ours “lower than average”.

I don’t have the direct answer to that (depends on your category) but better descriptions, better FAQs, better requirements can help. But if my category has X%, I don’t want to be the one that has worse numbers.

Other than that I don’t see anything to worry about UNLESS mine are higher.

The only issue is we have no way of knowing what the overall cancellation rate is in our category, unless we happen to have a Fiverr Success Coach, then we could ask for the category average…

In either case, keeping it as low as possible is a win for everybody… the rest is just noise in my book.

One other thing: If they are going to penalize us, as long as it’s applied equality, it works out in the wash.

For example: If I have 15% cancellation but my peers are at 3%, then it wouldn’t surprise me if it impacts me. If I’m at 6% and that’s the average in my category, then I wouldn’t expect much impact.

I’ll guess almost everybody has some cancellations, the question is how to get ours “lower than average”.

I don’t have the direct answer to that (depends on your category) but better descriptions, better FAQs, better requirements can help. But if my category has X%, I don’t want to be the one that has worse numbers.

Other than that I don’t see anything to worry about UNLESS mine are higher.

The only issue is we have no way of knowing what the overall cancellation rate is in our category, unless we happen to have a Fiverr Success Coach, then we could ask for the category average…

In either case, keeping it as low as possible is a win for everybody… the rest is just noise in my book.

Yes, but, don’t you think that the more orders you get, the more chances some orders will result in refunds?

I feel sellers are being penalized for situations outside of their control. I don’t mind penalizing people who deliver late, because no honest seller should ever allow that to happen, but I guarantee you that most refunds are for this: “I didn’t like my work, give me back my money.”

And what about refunds because the buyer ordered the same gig twice or the buyer ordered by mistake? How is that our fault?

Yes, but, don’t you think that the more orders you get, the more chances some orders will result in refunds?

I feel sellers are being penalized for situations outside of their control. I don’t mind penalizing people who deliver late, because no honest seller should ever allow that to happen, but I guarantee you that most refunds are for this: “I didn’t like my work, give me back my money.”

And what about refunds because the buyer ordered the same gig twice or the buyer ordered by mistake? How is that our fault?

As long as it’s in percentages, we are all good… Everybody will have some of those buyers, and yes a volume seller will have more, but they are selling more so it should wash compared to their peers.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see how it’s an issue UNLESS we are way outside the norm for our category. IF I do 60 gigs over 60 days, and you do 600, you’ll have far more total cancellations than me, but our percentage could be identical.

As long as it’s in percentages, we are all good… Everybody will have some of those buyers, and yes a volume seller will have more, but they are selling more so it should wash compared to their peers.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see how it’s an issue UNLESS we are way outside the norm for our category. IF I do 60 gigs over 60 days, and you do 600, you’ll have far more total cancellations than me, but our percentage could be identical.

I’m not so sure. If you do 10 orders in 1 week and have 1 cancellation, your cancellation rate is 1%

If I do 35 orders and 5 result in cancellations, my rate is 14%. See the problem? The more successful you are, the more they punish you.

I’m not so sure. If you do 10 orders in 1 week and have 1 cancellation, your cancellation rate is 1%

If I do 35 orders and 5 result in cancellations, my rate is 14%. See the problem? The more successful you are, the more they punish you.

I’m not so sure. If you do 10 orders in 1 week and have 1 cancellation, your cancellation rate is 1%If I do 35 orders and 5 result in cancellations, my rate is 14%. See the problem? The more successful you are, the more they punish you.

Sorry, I’m not always the best at math, but with your example:

1 cancellation of 10 gigs is 10% cancellation rate. (1 / 10)

5 cancellations of 35 is 14% (as you stated). (5 / 35)

You are cancelling 1 out of every 7 gigs at that rate, I’m cancelling 1 of 10 in your example. So overall I’m cancelling less.

So yes, but if you have 4 cancellations you’re at ~11%

And it’s a 60 day rolling average, so it depends on how we both do over time.

Again, I still don’t see how it’s an issue, but I’m not inside Fiverr making decisions.

They are now making us aware of how much it’s happening. I may be missing something, but the gig is to figure out how to minimize our cancellation rate. As long as you’re within the norm among our peers (in your category), I can’t see any harm.

At the same time, you’re 35 gigs will give you another 20 ratings or so, and that is going to have a positive on the ranking as it stands today. It also gives you more social proof (more people trust people with higher ratings…)

The more successful you are, the more they punish you.

@fastcopywriter No sir.

going to have a positive on the ranking

@lisabaarns No madame.

CS has clarified that the order completion rate is merely a statistic for the seller’s own viewing and evaluation purposes, it does not impact your search rankings. (Unless those cancellations are due to late delivery or bad behavior)

I’m not so sure. If you do 10 orders in 1 week and have 1 cancellation, your cancellation rate is 1%If I do 35 orders and 5 result in cancellations, my rate is 14%. See the problem? The more successful you are, the more they punish you.

Sorry, I’m not always the best at math, but with your example:

1 cancellation of 10 gigs is 10% cancellation rate. (1 / 10)

5 cancellations of 35 is 14% (as you stated). (5 / 35)

You are cancelling 1 out of every 7 gigs at that rate, I’m cancelling 1 of 10 in your example. So overall I’m cancelling less.

So yes, but if you have 4 cancellations you’re at ~11%

And it’s a 60 day rolling average, so it depends on how we both do over time.

Again, I still don’t see how it’s an issue, but I’m not inside Fiverr making decisions.

They are now making us aware of how much it’s happening. I may be missing something, but the gig is to figure out how to minimize our cancellation rate. As long as you’re within the norm among our peers (in your category), I can’t see any harm.

At the same time, you’re 35 gigs will give you another 20 ratings or so, and that is going to have a positive on the ranking as it stands today. It also gives you more social proof (more people trust people with higher ratings…)

The danger is your placement in the rankings over refunds. I made $3,000 less in 2016 compared to 2015 thanks to Fiverr’s new ranking system.

At this point I’m happy with where my gigs are appearing, but I don’t know what the future holds.

@fastcopywriter No sir.

@lisabaarns No madame.

CS has clarified that the order completion rate is merely a statistic for the seller’s own viewing and evaluation purposes, it does not impact your search rankings. (Unless those cancellations are due to late delivery or bad behavior)

CS has clarified that the order completion rate is merely a statistic for the seller’s own viewing and evaluation purposes, it does not impact your search rankings.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear:

I was continuing his example, and if someone had 35 orders compared to someone with 10, than the ratings from those would be a positive compared to the seller who had 10 gigs total. Assuming they both had all 5 star ratings.

I still don’t see where those stats hurt us even if they count, but I also have heard from CS that it’s for our usage only.

@fastcopywriter No sir.

@lisabaarns No madame.

That’s called the IRS.

Archived