OT Discussion from 217888

vickiespencer

I see. I wonder why people do not use either a logo or their own image? They either are ashamed of who they are or they want to appear as someone else I guess. :roll_eyes:

They either are ashamed of who they are

That’s maybe a bit strong - how about just wanting a bit of anonymity? But yes, a logo would be better. 🙂

Would you want your former students finding you on here or anywhere else? I know I wouldn’t! 😉

Privacy etc.

They either are ashamed of who they are

That’s maybe a bit strong - how about just wanting a bit of anonymity? But yes, a logo would be better. 🙂

Would you want your former students finding you on here or anywhere else? I know I wouldn’t! 😉

Privacy etc.

I was thinking ashamed because of the country they come from. They may feel it is not one that will be as readily accepted by buyers. As for my former students, many of them are my FB friends. I love to keep track of them and their families. But I do wish I had a more anonymous username so I would not be sought ater on social media.

I was thinking ashamed because of the country they come from. They may feel it is not one that will be as readily accepted by buyers. As for my former students, many of them are my FB friends. I love to keep track of them and their families. But I do wish I had a more anonymous username so I would not be sought ater on social media.

I was thinking ashamed because of the country they come from.

No - I wouldn’t agree with that. No-one should be ashamed of where they come from - it’s something they don’t have control over.

I had colleagues who lost their careers after befriending students on FB - it’s not the done thing here at all.

Archived