It’s jive-a-five here
We often see people inquiring on what they should expect when they start and we wanted to share how it went down when we first started.
In full disclosure, we have been here for roughly 45 days, or so. Our first GIG posted was put up in haste and pulled it down shortly after. It had no video and only a couple of pics. The GIG just didn’t seem to fit what we felt people would be interested in having here and we didn’t put a whole lot of thought into it when we put it up.
Our next GIG was put up (w/video) and we quickly received our first order only a couple days after, on March 3rd! Our GIG is for jingle/song writing, this type of creative service is quite popular among the Fiverr community!
About 22 days ago, we added an official second GIG for voiceovers. We received the first order on that GIG within 11 hours of posting it!
We have done ZERO advertising outside of Fiverr. While we try to remain reasonably active within the Fiverr forum and some wonderful individuals right here on Fiverr have graciously shared our GIG services on their websites and blogs, we have not done any advertising or marketing on our own. Our main GIG is quite labor intensive, so we probably couldn’t maintain a really high volume of orders (20 at a time) without extending the job time more.
So now here’s the dirt:
We received Level 1 status much quicker than anticipated. I believe we had only 7 orders total at the time, of which only 5 were actually delivered and we received it on March 14th, only 11 days after we received our first order! That day we received 6 new orders!
Sa far to date, the stats are:
51 Total orders
38 Completed and Delivered
2 Mutual Cancellations
11 Currently Active
7 Currently in Progress
• We just hit $300.00 in revenue for our efforts
• We are averaging just over $6.00 per order, after the Fiverr fee
• We receive an average of 1.5 orders a day (51 orders / 32 active days)
The keys to our success
While there are certainly more popular services and most successful sellers within their first 30 days, I believe we would not have had our start up success without three key factors:
- Having a VIDEO! – you rank better in the site listings and in multiple places when you have a video! Plus people like to have that connection to the seller by hearing their voice or watching them interact, as opposed to looking at a still frame photo.
- Thoughtful Key Words/Tags – if we would have overlooked using tags/keywords, we surely would have been dropped farther down the lists and would not have shown up in particular searches (even if the search function is a little sketchy )
- Being a Part of the Community – a lot of the sellers here are also buyers and they love to pay it forward to the Fiverr community! By being active on the forums and interacting with our fellow Fiverr’ers, we have stirred up some business internally, and will hopefully become a known and respected member that people can rely on for their services. That means repeat business!
I know this is quite the long post, but I hope it gives a little insight to those who may be wondering how it could play out for themselves!
At this rate, I’m sure we will continue to grow the customer base and will have new GIGs coming in the future.
Each day is exciting being a part of Fiverr and we hope to be around for quite some time!
Here’s to many fiverr’s for all!