Fiverr Forum

Out of office functionality

Hello, I would like to ask what does the Out of Office option do? Can I activate and deactivate it at any time? I would like to activate it for Christmas but I do not know if it is safe and how it will affect my ranking

When you use OOO, you can activate it and then choose a time frame for it to be active. If you want to change your mind and cancel it early, you can.

The last time I used it, I did not get back to my usual ranking for about 10 to 14 days. For Christmas, I have extended all of my due dates and see if that has less impact on my ranking.

You can also choose whether or not you can be contacted.

Oh I see, so I can fall down in rankings by doing so? :frowning: What to do if I want to leave for one day of a part of the day, for example? Earlier, there was a Holiday option, but I cannot find it now :frowning:

The OOO option is a new name for the Holiday option. :wink:

Oh I see :slight_smile: Thank you very much :slight_smile: So there is no option to become unavailable for a short period of time (1-2 days) without falling down in rankings? :slight_smile:

You can extend your delivery time so that if someone does book a gig, it will not be due until you have time to complete it when you return. However, you still have to be available to answer messages once every 24 hours.

Another option I have heard of is pausing all your gigs while you are away. I have not heard how that affects your rating. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Understood! :slight_smile: Thank you very much for such professional and truly helpful tips! :slight_smile:

I learned all of this from experience and reading the threads on this Forum! :wink: