Out of Office with no Internet

indigoshaman11

I am an avid backpacker, and I frequently go out in the woods for a few days at a time. There is no cell service, and no way to charge my phone.
I’ve noticed that messages and occasionally even orders still get through when Out of Office mode is on. Even if they don’t I can’t respond to modification requests on orders I’ve already delivered.
I know most people are connected to their devices 24/7, but I don’t want to give up my hobby. Does anyone know a way to truly unplug from Fiverr for a few days without wrecking their stats?

In theory, unless you allow “new people” to contact you when turning on Out of Office mode, only former customers should be able to contact you, which shouldn’t harm your response stats, because you already responded to them at some point (however, I don’t know if there’s a time limit, like if someone from 6 months, 1 year, or 3 years ago would contact you, would that count as a new contact and oblige you to reply within 24 hours, or not, I don’t know). And, in theory, they should see that you’re out of office, so they shouldn’t necessarily expect a prompt reply (you can also customize your out of office message and tell them that you’re without internet connection while away).

People you sent a custom offer at some point are able to accept it while you’re away, so maybe make sure to put an expiration date on all custom offers you send out to not get “surprise orders” while you’re gone.

I’d also recommend taking screenshots of setting up your out of office, so in case a bug happens, and messages from new people, or even orders get through, so you can prove you had set up out of office correctly and ask support to rectify your stats.

Archived