"Over the moon!"-- 3 1/2 stars

Gee. Oh well, should be able to fix this easily–I have another 3-star review on that gig which I shall use to shame the buyer into editing the rating up to 5, along with a quick trip to the re-education camp.

which I shall use to shame the buyer into editing the rating up to 5
Teach me your ways, master.

I usually end up refunding these type of orders.

No magic. Just sent an inbox explaining about the evils of the 1-5 star system (this is a gig with not so many reviews) and that if they had meant the stars, fine, but if not, to reconsider.

Bing.

My new review isn’t as great, though. Oh well…I have APPEASED THE METRIC GODS.

Now I just have a complicated 3-star review from someone who left an OK review with 3 stars who didn’t read the gig description. Either that’s a slip of the finger or someone’s punishing me for delivering what they ordered, not what they wanted.

So that requires a different strategy. A more obsequious one. Look at all those posts lately complaining about how sellers are always seeking 5 stars. They’re not complaining about that, not really. They’re complaining about the lack of obsequiousness and personal interest that comes with it.

The 3-star review, however, is on a gig with like, hundreds of 5 stars, so it’s not really a big deal to me at this stage: it’s an irritant.

I was thinking about writing a post on this, actually. Might do so before Christmas! I’m getting tired of seeing “WHY MY SALES IS DOWN!” (and not getting a lighthearted tale of why the person deliberately put their sales down).

Have a good work week everyone, and if not, go outside and enjoy the world around you!

EDIT: ya reckon a “I will show you how to get a 5-star review all (most) of the time (unless you’re woefully incompetent) for $5” gig would fly? (needs editing, I know)

Obsequious: obsequious implies fawning or sycophantic compliance and exaggerated deference of manner. (I had to look it up.)

I think they are trying to justify their right to wield the immense power of the rating system. It can be a heady experience for some.