Fiverr Forum

Overall my experience has been great, but sometimes a seller just disappears... very frustrating

Hello Jess and Fiverr Forum,

First, I would like to express my appreciation for your invitation to share my Fiverr experiences with you and the Fiverr sellers. Fiverr is a valuable and unique service that I would like to continue to use.

I’ve used Fiverr for about 1 year and almost all of my projects have been to create video introductions (bumpers) to add at the very beginning of my videos. I create product marketing videos that are launched on YouTube, added to client websites or sent to clients and customers via Screencast applications. I enjoy the variety of video bumpers that are available and so far I’ve been able to find a video intro that is just right for the type of business for which the video is being created.

I’m a communication strategist, so I take great care in describing my instructions and expectations.

My 1st comment: Sometimes the seller does not carefully read my instructions with the goal of completing the gig quickly. But because Fiverr allows me to communicate directly with the seller, the necessary corrections have been completed and success is the final result. BTW, I always leave honest feedback that has almost always been positive. My clients often say “WOW” in reaction to the video intro and maybe even to the rest of the video.

My 2nd comment: Sometimes I’ve asked the seller to make a small revision to the video and they have made the artistic changes promptly and I am pleased to pay for an extra gig and again success is the final outcome.

My 3rd comment: Sometimes, however, I’ve asked the seller to make a change to a video that is critical to me and would impact on the quality of the entire video. In a recent Fiverr experience, my request was ignored in spite of several repeat requests. I would happily pay for additional gigs and there would be more business in the future, but to simply ignore my inquiries is frustrating. A simple, “I am unable to do this” would be better. It reflects poorly on the seller, but also on Fiverr. It influences me in looking outside of Fiverr for my needs.

I look forward to your response,

William (from Canada)

Hi William, do you let the seller know that you’re willing to pay for a redo?

In my opinion, you just have not found the right seller. A good seller cherishes repeat business and special requests from those willing and understanding of paying for extra gigs when needed as you said.

I agree with madmoo that a lot of buyers will use the “I’ll order so much more if only you do this one for me for $5 with 100 edits” and in many cases, no repeat business. But ignoring your requests or not having a conversation about your needs is not good business.

I would shop around and find some of the GREAT folks on here. HINT: Top Sellers and Level 2 Sellers!! And, the more you do business with a seller, the more likely they are to get that extra special treatment.

Sellers are not the only one who ‘‘disappear’’

Reply to @rodesigners: Agreed.

Yeah, a think a lot of buyers are shopping around to look for great sellers and makes good sense especially if you don’t want to end up with a bad seller. A number of my customers have told me they have dropped the same order in different gig pages to look for the right seller for the job.

How many times have you contacted the seller? I’ve had buyers contact me through the messaging system but I’ve found that notifications of messages in my inbox go into my email spam folder and I’ve ended up missing it. I don’t check Fiverr every day and sometimes messages simply get missed accidentally. I’ve now figured out the problem so try to stay on top of it but maybe contacting the seller a couple of times.

Also, you could reject the delivery and explain to the seller what you would like changed. This prevents the gig from auto-completing while you and the seller sort out little things.

Reply to @magisworks: I have put the same gig to many sellers…amazed in the difference in responses. In the last week I have found so many shams…people who don’t have one year’s exper, let alone 3 or 5. Sometimes I will try someone who offers more because they say the edits are minor or easy and they can do more of them for one gig. (The going rate for simple is $3 - $5…difficult edits so far according to what I have found is $10 and really intricate ones $20.00 at least online. )

Yeah, a think a lot of buyers are shopping around to look for great sellers and makes good sense especially if you don’t want to end up with a bad seller. A number of my customers have told me they have dropped the same order in different gig pages to look for the right seller for the job.

How many times have you contacted the seller? I’ve had buyers contact me through the messaging system but I’ve found that notifications of messages in my inbox go into my email spam folder and I’ve ended up missing it. I don’t check Fiverr every day and sometimes messages simply get missed accidentally. I’ve now figured out the problem so try to stay on top of it but maybe contacting the seller a couple of times.

Also, you could reject the delivery and explain to the seller what you would like changed. This prevents the gig from auto-completing while you and the seller sort out little things.

Reply to @magisworks: I have put the same gig to many sellers…amazed in the difference in responses. In the last week I have found so many shams…people who don’t have one year’s exper, let alone 3 or 5. Sometimes I will try someone who offers more because they say the edits are minor or easy and they can do more of them for one gig. (The going rate for simple is $3 - $5…difficult edits so far according to what I have found is $10 and really intricate ones $20.00 at least online. )