Fiverr Community Forum

Overcharging

I contacted fiverr for the second time and one buyer tried to charge me 200 dollars for one CV. DISGUSTING!!

Do you mean a seller tried to offer a custom quote of $200? Or did another buy contact you out of the blue with a personal message trying to sell you something?

Spam happens all over the internet, not just here on Fiverr.

its spam… if you face problem, you just submit a request “customer support” for help…

There is no rule against charging what they feel their work is worth, you luckily do not have to accept the offer and pay it :slight_smile: Just walk away.

That’s the beauty of a free market. You’re entitled to choose the seller you work with, just as much as they are entitled to charge their own prices.

When all Fiverr services start at $5 on Fiverr – which is already far less than the outside market lists those services at, you can’t really complain if someone on Fiverr offers a custom quote more in line with the outside market. Like @mrproofreading said, sellers are well withing their rights to offer their services at whatever price they feel is appropriate. You are not entitled to their services at YOUR price preferences.

Well $200 for a CV is a little ridiculous, what was it meant to be printed on, gold plated, ivory? :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @r3k0d3d: But there is nothing that says anyone cannot charge that… all you can decide is if you pay it or not.

Reply to @gailbunning: Well I wasn’t really been serious but still you’re 100% correct but at the end of the day, I dare say no one without brain damage is ever going to buy a single CV for $200, unless it’s printed on gold plated ivory… :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @r3k0d3d: Sometimes I am surprised as to what people pay money for. Even five dollars :slight_smile:

Reply to @gailbunning: Once I heard on the news that somewhere there was a travel agency for teddy bears (traveling all over the world without their owners). So yes, I agree with you.

Reply to @r3k0d3d:
My usual disclaimer: I’m not a seller on Fiverr so I have no pony in this race.

That said, in the “real” off-Fiverr world, it’s not unusual to pay $100 or more just for the editing and formatting of a short CV that’s being updated. By “short”, I mean a page or two. $200 to compile one from scratch would not be out of the question.

Academic CVs often run fifty pages or more. You don’t want to know what those cost.