Overloading?

flightyair

I’m not complaining about any buyers, as it was most definitely none of their faults or mine, but I’m just a bit curious. If someone buys two or more of my gig, why do I have to finish it in the same time period? I write creatively, and I put 2 days for 5k words, which is quite a fast pace. If someone orders 2 gigs at the same time, though, I have to write 10k words in 2 days?!? Is there a way to set it in which every gig someone purchases adds 2 extra days?

Thanks!

It’s the same thing as if you had 3 different people order a gig on the same day. That is usually the goal for most people, they want a lot of sales to come in every day.

Your issue is not with the number of gigs one person buys, but you seem to be saying that you cannot handle completing more than one gig at a time. If that is the case then you need to adjust your delivery times to 3 or 4 days if you are getting more than one gig order per day (it doesn’t matter if it’s one buyer order or 10 buyers order).

flightyair said: why do I have to finish it in the same time period? I write creatively, and I put 2 days for 5k words, which is quite a fast pace. If someone orders 2 gigs at the same time, though, I have to write 10k words in 2 days?!? Is there a way to set it in which every gig someone purchases adds 2 extra days?

If you are concerned about multiple orders from the same buyer - provide clear terms you wish to have for your Gig in the Gig description.

Another great idea would be stated in the Gig description to prompt Buyers to contact you for a Custom order for content over 10k words.

Remember, as a freelancer your own boss and business leader. Set clear terms if you're concerned about being overworked. :)

Reply to @thepromogirl and other sellers: I agree strongly about noting any preferred limits. I do it it one of my gigs for a different reason and it has helped me a lot. I suggest that buyers contact me for any bulk orders even if small and I mention that sometimes I can make better offers for larger orders. The idea of saving money has been perfect motivation for buyers since everyone loves a discount.

Besides helping me stay within my functional limits it also gives me a chance to encourage new buyers to start with a small order. If we work well together and they like the product, I can upsell later and make it beneficial all around. If we aren’t a good fit no one is taking a big risk and we can move on after closure. It’s been a solid win-win so far.

Archived