Fiverr Community Forum

Package structure need some help

Hi there.
Pleased to meet you all. I am new.

I have been on fiverr for about a month now and as I expected it have been hard to get any interest. It’s that catch 22 issue of not having any rating, but you need a rating to get work.
I have a few questions about my packages. My background is motion-graphics and editing. And I am a hobbyist musician. I am from the UK. Inflation is higher here so my prices are as low as possible. I understand that low is good for getting a first purchase.

I have now created 3 gigs.

Virtual Band editing.

This gig could be fun and rewarding if I can get people to use it. Let me know what you think? The playing is armature here but I am hoping that some better bands might be interested.

Photoshop retouching

This one is boring, but hey… I love boring. About 20 years ago I used to do cut outs and colour balancing, sharpening de-dusting and all sorts of things. Now that times are hard maybe it will be a blessing. I was thinking maybe I could do a better example cut out. I found the pricing structure a little difficult to formulate here. I really wanted to do 30 images on the expensive package.

Stadium Logo

This was my first gig. I am not sure if this is really working.

Is there anyway of making a single pricing plan. I didn’t really want to re-edit this. I wanted it to be a simple 5 minuet render of the same clip, where the logo is very easy to replace. I have made basic as cheap as possible.

Thank you for you advice in advance.

Best regards

Jools

5 Likes

In your logo into …stadium gig in the gig description it says “For commercial use” under only the premium package. That makes it seem like in the basic & standard packages it can’t be used commercially.The vast majority of people who have a logo and would want that logo added to a video would want to make some commercial use/business use out of that video, but if they think the only package where they can is the premium package that costs $995 they might think it costs too much.

3 Likes

Good spot. I think I will change that.

Thank you

2 Likes

The pricing rule I use is fairly simple.

I am a writer.

For my 500-word article Gig I charge $25.

I live in Canada so after Fiverr takes their cut, that leaves me with $20 USD.

After exchange into CDN, that $20 becomes roughly $25 CDN.

My normal rate for writing is anywhere between .02 to .05-cents per word (depending on the volume).

$25 CDN puts me at the higher end of that scale.

So, what I am suggesting is that you take a hard look at what you can do your Gig for (price) and what you would consider to be a good profit (after Fiverr takes their 20% cut). Then you price accordingly.

It has worked for me.

3 Likes

I am happy with my pricing. I was wondering if there was anyway to only have one price plan?
With the stadium for example I just want one cheap plan. Part of the reason I made the 3rd option so expensive is that I didn’t want to re-build this scene. It is a labour intensive scene. The idea was that it would be a quick render only in After-Effects, just replacing overlaying graphics on a 3D render. I have made the first option as cheap as just to get a rating. But it seems to be a bit of a fail.

Agreed.

Going too cheap sends a message to some Buyers that it could be a rush job.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Spend $5 on a watch, you get a $5 watch.

Spend $100 on a watch, you get a quality watch.

1 Like

You can select not to have packages instead of having 3 of them. It’s like having 1 package really.

1 Like